LegacyGT.com

Legacy Touring Wagon

SLegacy99

It is interesting in this Canadian Article on the 2009 Outback PZEV they would say forget the Outback and go to the wagon.

"My test sample was the Outback version. This quasi-SUV concept - arguably the original modern crossover - has been a huge hit for Subaru. But it wouldn't be my choice. For thousands of dollars less, I'll take the more lithe handling and slightly better fuel economy of the plain Legacy wagon, which is lower, lighter and sportier than its Outback sibling.

Admittedly some people's driving habits and habitats might justify the Outback's extra 60 mm of ground clearance and taller tires. But even with the plain Legacy you still get the foul-weather fortitude of Subaru's signature full-time all-wheel-drive system."

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/GreenCentre/article.aspx?cp-documentid=19261348

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was visiting my cousin in Up State NY last weekend....the hotel manager had noticed that I had put 2008 Legacy Wagon on my check-in slip....and upon check out he said: "This morning when I came in I checked out your car...That is impressive!...It is too bad they don't make that here because it looks better then the Outback and yet it is just as useful! I would buy one and did you have the choice of a turbo?

It also created it's own stir when a couple of Impreza owners stopped me coming out of a Starbucks to ask me about the car...is it a turbo and did I have the choice of a turbo, (yes for another 7,000$), etc.

As a side note: I was at my dealer here in Montreal....they are almost out of product..less then ten cars across the different models to sell!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived