LegacyGT.com

quiet you! :lol:

I LIKE this thread!!!

:popcorn:

Oh, and the noise subaru's make are part of the reason i love them... Who doesn't love their exhaust note, honestly!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

quiet you! :lol:

from the leader of the free world let us rise to forces of darkness that are trying to keeps us silent :lol::lol::lol:

speack up bro yes the noise ahhhhhh to me it's pure sex when i hear a suby with an aftermarket exhaust

Wow, it definitely sounds like you got the short end of the stick with your Subaru. I will say this though. Don't ditch a great car just because the asshats at the dealer. Isn't there another one closeby that you can go to? And for the record the only Subaru dealer in town here is crappy as well. I take comfort in knowing that they're going to be screwed real soon one way or another. They sell two brands: Chevy and Subaru, and we all know how GM is doing ...

What are the lemon law in your area. in NJ if the car needs to be brought back 3 or more times in a certain time frame (not sure of the details) the dealership has to replace it without prorating you the value of your car(i think), but you have to request it.

This wouldn't qualify as a lemon. A lemon is when you have a crappy product, not crappy work being done. The first turbo going out, sure, that can be attributed to manufacturer defect. But the other two times are just tech screw-ups. A lemon would be a car that no matter what you do to it, it continues to break down, again, due to manufacturer defects. If you want to pursue a situation like this with someone, I'd do so with SOA and file a complaint against the dealer.

This wouldn't qualify as a lemon. A lemon is when you have a crappy product, not crappy work being done. The first turbo going out, sure, that can be attributed to manufacturer defect. But the other two times are just tech screw-ups. A lemon would be a car that no matter what you do to it, it continues to break down, again, due to manufacturer defects. If you want to pursue a situation like this with someone, I'd do so with SOA and file a complaint against the dealer.

very good thought, but fishbone, would you consider it a good path to follow. as of now the dealership did all they can to cover their mess. they even gave me a loaner car.

i now think i have the upper hand with them, cause the complaint hasn't been filed. they stepped up and took care of everything, even a loaner car.

i can assure everyone here 2 things. if it wasn't for what i have learned from this forum and knew how to talk to the dealership the second time, i would have been the dummy who would'v picked up the tab.

BTW fishbone. you saved me this time from another mess, since the BOV i got is an atmospheric one. i got it for cheap thats why i made the move on it. i payed 100$ for it it came with even a rebuild kit. so according to you this is a no go for legacy motors. can you give me more info on which one is good and tell me why the one i have is no good.

thanx brother

^Now we're gettin' along :)

Well, to be honest, if I were in your place I'd thoroughly enjoy my upper hand with the dealership. As far as getting rid of the car or sticking with it, in all honestly, even putting aside any emotional attachment or bias I may or may not have towards Legacies, you're sitting on a good deal. You got a new engine that should have a new warranty as of the date it was installed and mileage. But it all depends on how frustrated you are at this point with the car as a whole and the dealership as well. I can certainly feel your pain.

As far as the BOV, "word on the street" is that you should go at most 50/50 (50% recirc, 50% vent) to keep things safe. The way the set-up is built is that the engine is expecting that air to be in the system and by going 100% open, it won't be and can cause issues. You can search on the boards, it's a subject that's been covered at length.

Here's a post that breaks it down pretty good.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2284380&postcount=14

Now, for fun times, look on YouTube, there's people with 100% vent that hooked up duck callers to it. Funny as shit.

group hug??
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

awww sssstopp it you sillly gooses hugs sounds so cool.

BTW fishbone, sorry i am still gonna bug you with this BOV crap. i am gonna post a pic of what i have and get your opinion on it. cause i might not even install it. i read some stuff and i feel like a confused blonde at a victoria secret store.

i just wanna enjoy the car not create more headechs.

The naivete/patience of this forum astounds the hell out of me at times.3 pages of this guys crap and now you're gonna do a group hug? :rolleyes:

The guys a jerk treat him as such.

hey stop calling your self a jerk okay not good for your mental health

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

now of all people I am shocked to hear this statement coming from you old wise one! :lol:

The naivete/patience of this forum astounds the hell out of me at times.3 pages of this guys crap and now you're gonna do a group hug? :rolleyes:

The guys a jerk treat him as such.

Know that our engines don't like 100% atmospheric BOVs. Take that into consideration so you don't break stuff ;)

Oh btw, just spotted this now.

You got that wrong, it's "People in the US think it's real bad and brakes stuff". Really, it's not, pretty much EVERYONE in NZ does it, it's just "lolz", not "lolz my engines gonna dies" But then again, we all drive pre 04 stuff... our ECU's just don't give a f*** like the new ones.

oh... going to review that above statement, i forget all the emmisions crap and how highly tuned your ECU's are. Oldschool JDM's so do not have issues with atmo bov's... But i know nothing of USDM, other than it's picky and you need to bloody re-tune even if you get some dust on your intercooler (sarcasm)

Besides, best thing about the oldschool turbo's like mine, pre BOV bolted to intercooler years, you can simply flip it, and the dynamics of it change meaning it's louder (has to open against boost, rather than with boost), but still 100% recirculating. It also flutters when you let off the gas slowly so it sounds like compressors surge... teeheehee.

And lastly +1, GFB hybrid 50/50 FTMFW Biches. That is all.

Archived