LegacyGT.com

Yet another fitment question.

Pawlwawl06

Tenzo Cuzco V1. 18x8 +45mm offset with a 235/40/18

Can I run these lowered on Swift Springs (and koni inserts w/ front stock strut housing) without rubbing issues? Should I go with a 225 instead?

Edit: Ok scratch that, now im on the hunt for a lighter wheel...but the same design! This is going to drive me nuts! :lol:

Edit #2: I think I'll stick with the G-forces, would the 17x8 be considered a lightweight wheel?

G-Forces are around 19lbs. in 17x8, which isnt bad for the price.

If you can afford Tenzo, then you can probably afford Enkei. NT03+M looks kinda similar to the look you want. They're a tad lighter than G-Forces but I'm sure the strength/quality of the Enkei is much better.

G-Forces are around 19lbs. in 17x8, which isnt bad for the price.

If you can afford Tenzo, then you can probably afford Enkei. NT03+M looks kinda similar to the look you want. They're a tad lighter than G-Forces but I'm sure the strength/quality of the Enkei is much better.

I think Im sold on the 17x8 G-Forces in flat black, they look better with an offset that is closer to stock (45 or 48), the lower offset on that wheel is way too aggressive for my taste. I definitely want a wheel in black with more than 5 spokes, so the G-force would be perfect. Plus the price is awesome compared to the tenzos. Thanks.

whoa, that was fast haha...cant wait for pix

what brand/size tires are you getting?

Well I did mention that I wanted the G-forces months ago(in your pic. thread ;)). It was the only flat black wheel I liked. When I saw them in person, it was on a really aggressive fitment (18x9 on a WRX). This won't be that aggressive, plus it will be flat black so it won't really be screaming LOOK AT ME. Plus I needed some wheels to match my Ravspec PU lip! I haven't decided on what tires, I'll pick those up next month when I get my tuition reimbursement :) I'm thinking 235/40/17s and just keep my stockers for the winter.

Its gonna look soooo good on regal blue. My buddy(frostbite) painted his stockers flat black on his RBP 05 2.5i and they look great, can't wait to get this setup on.

yea, I remember you mentioned it, just didn't sound like you were certain haha. Can't wait to see them mounted! 235/40 is a good size, it's got a smaller OD than 225/45 and 245/40 so it'll be a bit better in terms of performance.

I painted my stockers flat black already, I might snap some pix tomorrow after a car wash.

Yaa I think it will look dang good, Ill definitely have to paint the calipers though. I definitely wanted a wheel/tire combo that would fill out the entire wheel well for a more aggressive look. Plus the 235 would be nice, I'm on 205s now :rolleyes: Can't wait to see the flat black! I'm curious to see what it will look like with your color. I thought about painted the stockers, but I really wanted to keep them stock. I love the stock wheel, but im not a huge fan of the 5-spoke design. Plus it looks a bit sloppy now that the car is lowered.

What color are you thinking of painting the calipers? The Duplicolor caliper kit is awesome. I think leaving your stock wheels silver would be better, it matches your headlights better that way. Any plans on blacking them out? (join the dark side!)

the flat black is honestly...too flat haha. I think I should've done a couple of coats of clear to give it a matte black look. Oh well, it's gonna be my winter wheels after this summer anyway.

I think Ill just go black with the calipers. I'll look out for the caliper kit.

I don't think I'll be blacking out my headlights, I prefer the chrome on blue look. I have the chrome inserts on the rocker panels, and they compliment the headlights perfectly. The alloy wheels are a bit overboard now that the headlights are cleared.

So you are going for new wheels soon?

Archived