LegacyGT.com

What is this part called?

There are two flaps that are towards the front of the car inside the wheel well on my '08 spec. b. They are not mud flaps that go on the rear side of the well but these are one big and one small one.

Does anyone know what they are called and what they do? I went over a curb and the small one broke.

The dealer said it helps the airodynamics of the car... is this true?

Tks!

snap a pic

most likely it is just a deflector. they help direct air and road debris (dirt and small rocks) away from suspension components and stuff.

you don't NEED it... but it wouldn't hurt to replace it

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Your dealer is right. They are air splitters meant to help the aerodynamics of the car by diverting the air around the wheels. I doubt you'll really notice any difference with or without them though.

They ARE air splitters and you DO need them. If you go above 88 mph you will tear a hole in the Space/Time Continuum. Watch the documentary-

"Back to the Future" probably find it on TLC or Discovery Channel.

just kidding.:p

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Mine have broken free and are now being suspended by some sort of magic possibly. Both sides.

I took a look at them, fixed them once and they just went back up against the body after the next rain. Oh well.

mine are broken.. I tried to get on the interstate last week and wound up in 1956..

the burgers were good but I had a hard time paying with plastic.

got back here the same way. :lol:

srsly tho.. my rear inner air dam things are torn and folded up. I tried to correct it when I fixed the brakes but they dont want to go back the way they came... oh well..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived