LegacyGT.com

Shift Knobs?

OCDetails

Is anyone using a shift knob other than the stock one or the Momo one? Just curious because I am looking for something different. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but definitely something other than the stock or the Momo.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Anyone know what shaft size the shifter is on manual GT? I was going to buy an aftermarket momo but not sure what shaft size (some momos say "up to 15 mm" other say "up to 16 mm"). Thanks!

P.S. Anyone purchase the Cobb short throw shifter (it's just an adjustable shaft)? Is that helpful or nothing compared to the full blown short throw shift mechanism (from the Subaru photos it looks like there are multiple components to the short throw shifter)?

How does the aftermarket work out with the stock boot? I have one in the garage, left over from the WRX. I am using the stock knob to prevent frostbite and will put by Solberg knob back on once it warms up.

Anyone know what shaft size the shifter is on manual GT? I was going to buy an aftermarket momo but not sure what shaft size (some momos say "up to 15 mm" other say "up to 16 mm"). Thanks!

P.S. Anyone purchase the Cobb short throw shifter (it's just an adjustable shaft)? Is that helpful or nothing compared to the full blown short throw shift mechanism (from the Subaru photos it looks like there are multiple components to the short throw shifter)?

Most Momo Shifters will come with a packet of rubber caps to fit snuggly on the shaft for the knob to sit still. 99% of Momo shift knobs will work on the GT. Dont worry about the sizing unless you have some kind of American car that has a shaft size of 1" thick (25.4mm)

As for the Cobb STS, it's most likely a non-adjustable shaft that relocates the pivot point. It replaces the stock shifter shaft. Only the STi is a full linkage system.

Keefe

Keefe

Jedi made a really good recommendation. Take a soda (pop :lol: ) bottle cap cut an X in it and put it on the shaft. This keeps the boot up.

Is it really a Pepsi bottle cap (didn't know pop still came in bottles) Or a Heiniken? Be honest....your boot is stuck on heiny. :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

just some advice on getting a new shift knob, based on experience--get one that's leather or carbon fiber or something. The aluminum or whatever metal ones may look great, but come summer you have "momo" burned into the palm of your hand, and come winter they are cold as hell. My momo one os actually leather with just that center quarter sized ring of aluminum and that metal part gets daaaaamn hot in the sun.

I'm thinking to try the carbon fiber look one perhaps...

• 2 months later...

Archived