LegacyGT.com

Just starting out.

Hello everyone. I am new to this site as I have recently become a proud owner of a 2004 Legacy GT 2.5. So I am just starting out and I was wondering where the best place to get performance parts for my car would be as I am having a difficult time finding them. Any help would be appreciated very much. Thank You!

Well I have looked all over the internet and in magazines and for some reason, no one seems to care about the 2004 as a good majority of the products are for 2005 or up. Is there any chance that these parts would still fit in my car?

The reason you can find items for the 05's and up is the turbo charger. The models before the 05 were just dressed up family cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm assuming you're in the US and your 2.5 GT is NA (non-turbo). The performance parts are limited to cold air intake, exhaust and suspension. I had a 2004 Legacy L before I bought my '06 2.5GT. I talked with the folks at Cobb tuning and basically if you do the CAI, headers, and exhaust you can get 200 hp + out of the 2.5 NA engine. That's it as far as I know.

Archived