LegacyGT.com

interior detailing in Boston

Billy Dagwood

Ok, so my car had a very unfortunate accident with a large coffee coolatta the other day ... anybody know of a good detailer who can take care of my (cloth) interior? I feel like the seats need to be washed out better than I can do it. Also, while I would love to have my seats cleaned out, I would prefer my wallet not be.

I'm in Boston. Thanks!

Difficulty: Moderately Easy

Instructions

1. <LI itxtvisited="1">Step 1
    Cloth upholstery in
cars is not like that used for home furniture. Car upholstery is chemically treated with flame retardant, and sometimes with other products to make it stain resistant.
<LI itxtvisited="1">Step 2
Treat any stain immediately. If this is impossible, blot up or scrape off as much of the stain as you can, and treat it as soon as possible.
Step 3
1. Coffee, fruit, ice creamhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif, liquor, milk, soda, wine - wipe with cloth soaked in cold water. If necessary rub lightly with cleaning fluid. Do not use soap and water, which may set the stain.

2. Chewing gum - harden gum with ice cube, then scrape off with dull knife blade. Moisten with cleaning fluid and scrape again if necessary.

3. Candy - use cloth soaked in lukewarm water for chocolate. Flush other candies with lukewarm water; allow to dry. If necessary, rub lightly with cleaning fluid.

4. Blood – wipe with a cloth and cold water. Do not use soap; it may set the stain.

5. Ball-point ink - use rubbing alcohol. If stain remains after repeated applications, do not try anything else. Ink eradicator will ruin upholstery.

6. Catsup - wipe with cloth soaked in cool water. Use mild detergent if more cleaning is needed.

7. Grease, oil, butter - scrape off excess with a dull knife blade. Use cleaning fluid sparingly.

8. Lipstick - cleaning fluid works on some brands. If stain remains, do not try anything else.

9. Urine - sponge with lukewarm soapsuds from a mild soap; rinse with clean cloth soaked in cold water. Soak a cloth in a solution of 1 part ammonia to 5 parts of water. Hold it on stain for 1 minute. Rinse with clean, wet cloth.

10. Vomit - sponge with a clean cloth dipped in clean cold water. Wash lightly with lukewarm water and mild soap. If odor persists, treat area with a solution of 1 teaspoon baking soda to 1 cup warm water.

Archived