LegacyGT.com

question on installing brembos on my lgt

shaneomac1602

well my rear brakes just began making a little noise, and i mean a little, so im thinking about the future here. will the 06-07 wrx factory brembos be a direct bolt on for my 05 lgt? im thinking about saving up and installing them within the next few months. i was going to go with the wrx brembos, stainless braided lines, hawk hps pads, and slotted rotors. just looking for some advice. thanks

oh alright. I didn't know the red brembos were a downgrade. that's why I'm asking now, rather than wasting my money later. so the factory lgt brakes are better than the red brembos huh? I guess I need to go take a look at my brakes real quick. haha

the wrx tr red brakes are brembos. they are just two piston calipers, not nearly as big as the gold brembos. unless yall have different brakes than mine, mine just look like standard factory brakes, I can't imagine they would be better than the wrx brakes

I was always told they were brembos. huh, wouldn't be the first time I got bad info from someone. sti brembos are still a lil outside of what I'm looking to spend, so I think I will just get the braided lines, hawk hps pads, and new fluid

thats actually exactly what i was going to order, but im thinking of adding slotted rotors if i have the money when it comes time to buy the parts. i seen that a while ago, but if the wrx calipers were better, but i guess they are not, i was going to swap them in as well.

is there an upgraded pad for the rear brakes? or just put on some nice new ceramic pads?

StopTech Power Slot rotors are the cheapest slotted rotors I've seen for the LGT, ~$150 for the rears. Since the fronts do most of the braking, I'm planning on getting those for the rear, and Racing Brake slotted rotos for the front.

Stoptech also makes the least expensive stainless steel brake lines, $80 vs ~$125. Unless I find a bunch of negative reviews, I'll probably get those.

If you don't plan on autocrossing, slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads should be a good enough upgrade over stock for those of us who can't afford $1000+ on a BBK.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived