LegacyGT.com

NAPA's Adaptive One brake pads

NSFW

In the middle of my recent suspension swap two weeks ago, Easy19 invited me to have a look at (what little remained of) my brake pads... Since the car was in the air and the wheels were off and the brakes were just about gone, I bought pads on short notice: NAPA's house brand, "Adaptive One." They're at least partly ceramic, and it looks like there is quite a bit of metal in them.

For the first few days I was reasonably happy. They bite quite a bit harder than stock, but when you press harder they don't feel significantly stronger than stock. Then, last weekend, I went for a fun drive. At about the point where the stock pads start to get a little weak, the Adaptive One pads got a little weak too. Not a big difference in stopping power, but the pedal started to feel more squishy than at the start of the drive.

Since then, these pads feel just like stock. The nice 'bite' they had for the first week is gone, and it's like I'm on the original pads again.

So now the question is, how quickly can I burn through these things? :)

I hadn't thought of that, but you might be right. I'll have to go easy on them until I know if they're going to degrade every time. The 2nd half of the drive was OK though, so don't think that's going to be a problem.

Archived