LegacyGT.com

Turtlewax or ArmorAll Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

I know both of these products have been covered but I can't find a direct comparison. I'm overseas and these are the only two products I have to choose from. I'm leaning towards the Turtlewax but was wondering if any of you have any experience/suggestions?

r_arm_gw25_0606.jpg.9dfc299bfe1bfb4b5c83afef5d51ee6c.jpg

tw_leathercleanercond.jpg.f2169d42b0535ecf6b71afa16d727327.jpg

There are a lot of good Germany detailing companies, but I don't know if you would be able to pick up the products locally or still have to order online.

I have never used turtle wax, but I can say I don't care for armor all.

I believe he was asking us which was the best according to the availability of what he can buy.

If he could get anything though, I'd suggest Zymol's leather cleaner. It's the best stuff I've used by far.

that is what i'm asking but i didn't consider getting products on the economy. if i can find the lexor/lexol stuff locally, i'll try that. if not, looks like it is turtlewax. thanks for all the suggestions!

I believe he was asking us which was the best according to the availability of what he can buy.

If he could get anything though, I'd suggest Zymol's leather cleaner. It's the best stuff I've used by far.

Right ... but if he asked if we recommended using 40 grit sandpaper or a sponge soaked in acetone on his paint, would we not be in the right to make other suggestions?

Go with lexor. Buy the cleaner AND the conditioner. I treat my leather ONCE a year. They still remain flexible, clean, and durable without any warping or folding. Heck, even in the dead heat of summer here in the Washington DC Metro area, I can leave my windows closed and not worry about my seats.

I have been using this stuff for 3 years now and will accept no substitutes. I use the spray cleaner and spray conditioner. With the cleaner, I use microfiber cloth to clean my seats and dash thoroughly. I use a separate microfiber cloth for the conditioner to coat my leather.

When you clean your leather, wait a good 30 minutes before applying the conditioner. Also, I coat my leather with two coats of conditioner (waiting 10 minutes between coats) to keep them maintenance free for a year.

As far as Armorall, they work great on vinyl, tires, and some plastics and moldings.

If you are purchasing from Autogeek, I highly suggest something else. I would pick Wolfgang, Pinnacle or Poorboys leather products over Lexol everyday of the week.

I'm still trying to find Lexol on the economy but just wondered about the performance vs ease factors of the two - provided I can even find the wipes.

Nanowax Spray leather conditioner, works and smells nice, no greasy residue or hedious shine.

Neither with the Lexol conditioner when done properly. All you need to use is common sense. Lexol leaves a gorgeous shine.

Only downside is the half day of smell.

I used the Armorall Leather wipes in my old car...once. It was a gift and I threw them out right after using them...terrible. I highly recommend the 1Z leather cleaner. I used this stuff on my old car that had leather seats and it worked great and it smells awesome.

http://www.1z-usa.com/einszett_leather_conditioner.html

Archived