LegacyGT.com

car is slow and only 6 psi boost

bdickey058

So i had my car tuned up the subaru dealer here in my town. I new i had a boost leak somewhere b/c the car was slow as hell. anyways they put new gaskets on and etc and said that should fix my boost leak. but i'm only running 6 psi and they said thats perfectly normal. I said stock is like 12 and they told me its never 12. they say that but its usually around 6 psi. So what do i do to get them to turn my boost up to stock. they wont do it unless subaru headquarters lets them.... this is b/s and i'm pretty ticked off

they didnt tune it. i had a boost leak "so they said" and they supposvily fixed it and i'm only running 6 psi. they said that no legacy actually runs the stock 12 psi. its just a number that was thrown out there. i called b/s and they stuck with there word. so idk what to do

LOL, I hate dealerships. Bunch of dumb F's. What "gasket" did they tell you they replaced and how much was it.

Go ahead and print this off and bring it in to them. This is 100% stock mapping for the Legacy GT. Notice it targets 13.5psi, not 6.

I can email it to you also for a clearer version.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j263/boostsr20/BOOST.jpg

no other dealerships within range. i'm going to print off that thing and call soa and see what they can come up with. Why do you think its a mechanical problem mickey? also what mechanical problem would it be?

+1 on a mechanical problem or leak. Since it is only hitting 6psi there may be a leak somewhere between the turbo and the throttle body. We say this becasue if everything was tight and not leaking; you would see at least 9psi and more likely 12psi which is what the spring pressure(minimum pressure) of the wastegate actuator is.

Sometimes the band clamps on throttle body hose can work themselves loose and cause a major loss of boost. Other things like the gasket between the turbo and the TMIC and the BOV gasket may also need to be checked. Other than that if you popped a vacuum hose off; the car will genreally idle real rough, but will at least hit 9-12psi of boost with the pedal to the floor in any gear but 1st.

Let's kick this pig!

call SOA and tell them your dealership is full of lying incompetent morons

Fixed.

I would not return to that dealership, ever.

How far away is the nearest independent shop that will work on Subarus?

Yeah, I guess they might honestly believe that 6 is normal.

Honest and competent: "I don't know, let me find out and get back to you."

Honest and incompetent: "I don't know." <== this never happens.

Dishonest or spectacularly incompetent: "Your car is fine. 6 is normal, whoever told you 12 was wrong."

• 2 weeks later...
i got the car fixed. the hose that goes from the recirc valve and has the little nipple attatchment was off. well it was not off on the nipple but underneath the tmic or wherever it leads had been pulled off or popped off somehow. Now its running great and i'm smiling from ear to ear! i cant wait to gut the up/down pipe and have infamous send me a stage 2 tune!

the hose off the BOV wouldn't cause low boost......

the little hose you mean. That one would. It's small enough that the vacuum leak was minimal. But without boost pressure on that side of the BOV, it was constantly venting, which is why you gots no boosts.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived