LegacyGT.com

You are subscribed to this thread The Official: Tri State May 17th Harriman Meet!!

2.5gtbx_44

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? WTF IS IT NOW JEFF??? :(

Sent u a text, but check the transmission section blew up 3rd gear coming back from umass last night. Putting her up on jackstands tomorrow and dropping transmission and taking it apart. Going to run Hammerdown's old 5spd on 10lbs until i either can afford ppg's or sti 6speed swap, or might part out car.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Sent u a text, but check the transmission section blew up 3rd gear coming back from umass last night. Putting her up on jackstands tomorrow and dropping transmission and taking it apart. Going to run Hammerdown's old 5spd on 10lbs until i either can afford ppg's or sti 6speed swap, or might part out car.

Dude that SUX. :mad:

WTF did you do? Drop it into 3rd by mistake when you were trying to upshift into 5th? I did that once, still makes me feel awful when I think about it, but fortunately nothing bad happened. Much more careful since then. :redface:

That happened to me earlier in the year. It sucked. I stuck in a used 5 speed for now. I shift it gingerly now. Hopefully this one wont go. ^Might do the same IDK yet.

Dude i wasnt even rowing the gears. I was pulling a datalog for my 93 pump map, 23.5psi ish 11.0 a/f about 13 degrees of timing at peak torque uberr conservative. Rolling into the power in 3rd gear and at 5000 i just heard a giant snap and something felt fucked. I was like oh shit proll blew an intercooler pipe or something. Yeah not the case. Next step in my mind, oh shit tell me i threw a rod, because i was hearing marbles. Checked coolant, green and good. Oil- no metal shavings. car idled fine and wasnt making sounds. I was on 84west mind, you i had pulled off side of the road. So i was like weird and started back up again, yeah no 3rd gear anywhere to be found. :spin:

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Thats crazy. It was something similar that happened to me. I was getting on the cross county parkway and rolled into it in third and something went snap and then made this really bad "marbles" sound almost and it did it in every gear but, worst in third! Sounded like the input shaft bearing gave out but, I never tore apart the other tranny to find out what it was.

Archived