LegacyGT.com

What's the best DIY you have done so far?

So far I know of the removing the silencer idea, clearing the headlights, painting calipers, and debadging the car. Are there any other good DIY projects that don't require buying anything that will customize the car a little bit?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I hadn't thought about painting the caps on everything under the hood. I thought about painting the engine cover, but those caps slipped my mind. I think those are definitely the next project. the yellow just doesn't do it for me.

I forgot about the idiot chime and DRL disables. Those were great ones. Worth the price of admission all by themselves.

OCDETAILS BLOG

So far I know of the removing the silencer idea, clearing the headlights, painting calipers, and debadging the car. Are there any other good DIY projects that don't require buying anything that will customize the car a little bit?

Well, you did the HID upgrade so you're not afraid of playing with electrical wiring. I did the DRL disable, fogs only mod and map light mod. I did blow like $2 on the diodes and Radio Shack, but had wiring connectors and wire around already. Even if you need to buy these the cost would be minimal.

I'm not necessarily looking for ways to avoid spending money. Anyone can buy some HIDs or an AP and put it in their car. I like those little things that make your car stand out from everybody elses. When the rest of the car is basically stock looking, its the little DIY mods that set it apart. Painting the yellow caps for instance. That is going to make a big difference I think. I can't wait to get started on that one.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I apologize for the off-topic-ness of that last comment by me. I couldn't resist... As for pics, let's just say that TTIBWOP.

Back on topic, I'd have to say I'm quite happy to have changed my tires from stock to snows this year by myself. I invested in a floor jack after purchasing my snows from Tire Rack. For all you wrench monkeys out there, this may sound like small beans, but for a novice such as myself it was a proud moment.

Also, stopping the seatbelt chime was awfully satisfying.

D

Archived