LegacyGT.com

What to offer - new 08 Spec B

CasopoliS

So there are a couple of dealers nearby that still have new 08 Spec Bs on the lot. Well, they are about 3 hours away but that is close enough. Both MSRP for around $35,500. What can these be had for in your opinion? Anyone recently purchase an 08 Spec B? If I am making an offer I would like some advice on where to start.

The 2009 WRX's I am looking at MSRP close to $26,xxx and of course I can get those prices down a little as well, but I am wondering if I can get 2008 Spec B. prices down by a larger amount since they are older and perhaps harder to sell. Especially with the 2010 Legacy coming out.

Another question, can my local Subaru dealer sell me another dealership's 08 Spec B? Would I not get as good of a deal for it this way? It would be much easier for me to deal with my local guys and have them ship the Spec B to me rather than driving all the way to the other dealers.

I have not bought many new cars so advice in any way is greatly appreciated.

I will post the links here so I don't lose them.

Thanks to balrock for finding these for me. Someone wants me in a Legacy ;)

http://www.tomwood.subaru.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=f635ef754046381e01c330aa6b882ce4

http://www.whiteallensubaru.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=f635d0224046381e01c330aa4abc8f24

Might as well put this one up for good measure.... a hardly used 08 GT Limited certified pre-owned.

http://www.subarubeechmont.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=1ee207927f0000010060c384885946bd

Yea that is a good deal. I have not negotiated price on the 2009 WRX yet, but I assume its OTD would be around $25,000 or somewhere around that. Not sure. MSRP on the 09 WRX is about $25k but they add features on all of them which puts the MSRP around $26k. I think dealer invoice is around $24k. I assume I could land somewhere in-between. I planned on adding a SPT exhaust as well.

So, coamparing the two, if I could get a Spec B. OTD for $28k... the tranny alone is worth the upgrade, not to mention the NAV, seats, etc, etc.

I need to find out how much insurance rates vary between the two...

Someone here reported he got 08 SpecB for $28k OTD incl. tax...

That could have been me :)

I picked up mine for $26.6k before TTL, so OTD is a bit over $28k. I imagine with the tax benefits now, it is right around there.

That's the price i got offered the first time I went in, but I didn't bite. You can probly get better if you go in and talk to the sales mgr, but that's a good starting point.

BTW Pter, you're the reason why I got my car=p. At first they were offering me just 31k OTD for the DGM spec.b, so I was ready to just get a used 08 for 21k. Then after I saw the deal you got, I thought I'd try to check and see if he could make me a similar deal... and he did to my surprise. I guess they really just wanted to get rid of those cars!

Right now I am looking at $28,500 + tax, title... this was after a couple of email negotiations with the dealer.

That's really not too bad. Might be room to move close to another $1k off that but I wouldn't expect a considerably better deal.

Right now I am looking at $28,500 + tax, title... this was after a couple of email negotiations with the dealer.

Way too much.

I would be looking for a lightly used one personally.

Hard to find lightly used Spec Bs that are nearby, plus I have a trade-in so that limits me to dealers. I cannot sell on my own unless I find a car to drive in the meantime, plus it is more of a hassle. I have been offered good enough trade-in that I would rather trade it in at this point.

there are a couple of 08 LGT's that are certified pre-owned but I don't like the color / interior of them so I would be settling. I will own this car for a while so I do not want to settle.

Plus, with a new car I can deduct the taxes with the 2009 stimulus bill... so that is a nice incentive on a $28,000 car (what I am willing to pay for it). $28,000 is not bad on a brand new Spec. B.

That's the price i got offered the first time I went in, but I didn't bite. You can probly get better if you go in and talk to the sales mgr, but that's a good starting point.

BTW Pter, you're the reason why I got my car=p. At first they were offering me just 31k OTD for the DGM spec.b, so I was ready to just get a used 08 for 21k. Then after I saw the deal you got, I thought I'd try to check and see if he could make me a similar deal... and he did to my surprise. I guess they really just wanted to get rid of those cars!

Nice job Mark :)

I negotiated down with the dealer for about a week. After lots of back and forth, I kinda figured out where he was really headed. And it got easier because the dealership had picked up some 30-odd cars from a dealership that closed down (Turloch).

Just happy to have helped fellow subie-owner nearby :cool:

Cas -- In the negotiation for the 08, make sure you require that they document their installation of the turbo-oil-line fix (it's a bracket). There was a recall for this, and it's an important thing to have done. HPH

Cas -- In the negotiation for the 08, make sure you require that they document their installation of the turbo-oil-line fix (it's a bracket). There was a recall for this, and it's an important thing to have done. HPH

Do you have a link with the details regarding this recall? Thanks for the heads up.

Archived