LegacyGT.com

[HELP!!] Highway Vibrations

DarkOblivion000

• 1 month later...

bump! I just got new 17 x 8 Rota G-force wheels with Sumitomo 235/40/17s on. After riding a few miles, I was really enjoying them until I got up to about 55 MPH, then the steering wheel started to vibrate and the whole car starts to shimmy. Everything is brand new. Possibly a bad balance? This was done at Pep Boys, and they recommended I go back within 50 miles to get them re-torqued. I'll ask them about it then.

Edit: Ok they re-torqued the wheels earlier today, the vibrations aren't nearly as bad as they were, but I can feel them above 65 MPH now. I don't know if I should take my car back to Pep Boys tomorrow and make them re-balance the tires, or should I try another shop? I have one in mind. They have a good reputation, and many knowledgeable people working there.

UGHH this is annoying, they balanced the tires again today, no charge, and it did reduce the amount of vibration i feel, but I can still feel vibration. It feels like the left front wheel/tire. Is it a good idea to rotate the tires? Is this just a temporary fix? I will definitely go to another shop next week.

Archived