LegacyGT.com

Anyone having second thts ?

As reported by R & T: "[i]While I love this engine in the Impreza WRX STi, I would have preferred something with a bit more linear acceleration in this car. There's a dead spot below 2500 rpm, and while the on-off nature of the turbocharger (which occurs around 3000 rpm) may me fun when driving in a spirited manner, it can get tiresome if racing around corners isn't your thing[/i]. " Comments like these are very unsettling to me and I fear I will not like this car as a daily driver. I'm currently so accustomed to instantaneous power off the line, that any lag would bug me to death. I'm not particularly keen on always driving at high rpms either. Is this going to be the car for me?

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't know that I'd be particularly worried about this. I'm certainly not. I've heard no complaints from actual owners about this- some with the 5EAT menti0oned a tiny bit of lag, but not with the manual. Plus, they had that ride and drive thingy not too long ago and I didn't hear any negativity there. Also, I think a lot of the cars that magazines have gotten so far are pre-production models and might not be up to spec.

[quote name='Sub-attraction']As reported by R & T: "[i]While I love this engine in the Impreza WRX STi, I would have preferred something with a bit more linear acceleration in this car. There's a dead spot below 2500 rpm, and while the on-off nature of the turbocharger (which occurs around 3000 rpm) may me fun when driving in a spirited manner, it can get tiresome if racing around corners isn't your thing[/i]. " Comments like these are very unsettling to me and I fear I will not like this car as a daily driver. I'm currently so accustomed to instantaneous power off the line, that any lag would bug me to death. I'm not particularly keen on always driving at high rpms either. Is this going to be the car for me?[/quote] You will be fine! Are you getting the 5MT? You would be amazed how quickly that power will come on. It's only at a low RPM launch that you will notice anything at all. Otherwise it will take a half a second to build RPMs for passing or merging. I am not the least bit concerned.. especially if I am use to my WRX ;)

Archived