LegacyGT.com

My car shakes in the morning

oppamen

I usually warm up car for about 1 minute in the morning. When I do, my car would shake and sounds like my cars gonna turn off. Its been doing that for about 1 month. It kinda got really bad today morning. My car was shaking harder and when I tried to drive, my check engine light and VDC light came on and off within 1 minute of driving and felt like my car was gonna shut off and shaking at the same time. After driving about .2 miles my car would stop shaking and drive like normal.

I have about 27,000 miles on the car and I would take it to the dealership but whenever I go to dealership the problem seems to go away. My car would shake in the morning once or twice a week. Can someone maybe diagnose what could be wrong from my description. Thank you

you may want to leave it at the dealer over night and let them start it in the morning. assume you've been bringing it to the dealer once it's already warmed up?
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

you may want to leave it at the dealer over night and let them start it in the morning. assume you've been bringing it to the dealer once it's already warmed up?

Exactly what he said. Leave it overnight for cold start analysis. May be an A/F sensor on its way out. We all know how these cars act withj bad sensors. Is this a PZEV car?

Actually, my car does the same thing. Only 1K on the Odometer and shakes in the morning. I usually let the car warm up before driving and wait at least 20 seconds before turning off the car for the day (to let the oil circulate to the turbo). When I am a huge rush, I drive the car out of the neighborhood under or at 2K RPM. By then the engine is warmed up.

Could it be that I am doing something wrong? I find it strange that my car being brand new and the OP's car is having the same issue of shaking. I haven't had a check engine light or VDC light up yet, but the shaking is there and so is a loud sound of a rod knock (which goes away quickly after 10 seconds).

Archived