LegacyGT.com

Cloudy Headlights After LED Mod

absolutsnwbrdr

i'd imagine autozone would have the kit. i got it at pepboys though. i also saw a maguires kit, but i dont think it has the sandpaper included.... i think its just a plastic polish and a small towel. the sandpaper that is included in the permatex kit is what really made a difference!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Well I got and used the permatex kit, kinda mixed feelings on it.... The lights are smoother than I could have imagined so it did a great job of taking out the pits, however it doesn't seem to matter how hard I push or how much polish I use I just can't get them as clear as I'd like :( , I even tried another coat of 2500 grit and many light coats of polish. Anyone got any advice?

it doesn't need to be a warm day. just something with a light abbrasive pad like a finishing pad and a lightly abbrasive polish.

I have a hand pad that I use for my headlight buffing and I go to town on the things. But my pad has a cutting pad on one side and a finishing one on the other.

I had a revelation yesterday. Decided to clear my headlights and put them in the oven (kinda scary) . Polished the outside lenses with the Permatex buffing fluid while they were still warm (or hot for that matter). Lo and behold with little buffing (usually I use mothers miniball) they came out looking almost like new. I would consider using a heat gun to warm them up ,rather than go the expense of removing the lights.

I'd really like to put halo's on the car this summer, so when I crack the lights open for the 11 billionth time, I think I'll try using an actual buffing device instead of just elbow grease. As I had stated before.. my lights look good, but not like quite like new. I'll have to try it while they're still warm too!

Archived