LegacyGT.com

downpipes that fit a Spec.B

wpmarky

You sure you got a 5MT DP and not a 5EAT DP? I thought they should fit, and the tranny mount should be used, not just there. Aftermarket DP's for 5MT and 6MT are the same.

Yep thats exactly what happened cause I did it once! You can tell by the position of the 2nd cat .

Oh I bought a erz catted dp and I will will install it in a few days . I will sell you my fully gutted stock mt dp if you want a stock look. I will post up a picture too.

J

Thanks for all the info in this thread. My ERZ catless dp is scheduled to arrive today (hopefully I can get home before UPS because it is "signature required"). If I do get it this weekend, I'll try the OEM again just to see if I can get it to fit. If so, I'll keep it. If not, I'll try to sell it. I think stage 2 with the OEM catback will be exactly what I'm looking for right now.

Except now it is an inch lower than stock.

My ERZ DP fit exactly like stock. With better firewall clearance than stock. Has a 200 cel metallic cat, cast bellmouth, 3" piping and an extra O2 sensor bung on top of the bellmouth (like a cobb) for a wideband. It cost me $260 in a group buy. Can you say that about your Perrin?

I have bought plenty of Perrin products. Unfortunately, my experience has been one of dissatisfaction.

So these do have a WB02 bung. I thought I didn't see one in the pic but that was at a quick glance. Seems like a great product more and more. I might jump on this and just let it sit until I'm ready for it.;)

To update: While installing my ERZ catless downpipe yesterday, I attempted to fit the OEM 5mt dp again. As I suggested above, there is a tab on the 5mt dp that hits the 6mt tranny. It looks as though everything will fit if I cut off the tab. If I ever need to put on the OEM dp, I'll cut off the tab and try again.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/OEM5mtdptab.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/LGT%20Exhaust/OEM5mtdptab2.jpg

To sum up, this thread is about downpipes that fit the spec.B. The OEM 5mt downpipe does not fit the 5mt spec.B without modification. Thanks for listening. -Andy

It's really the stock cans that make our exhaust so quiet. I'm running full single cat turboback except my stock cans are on for the winter, and sometimes I can't even tell if the car is still on it's so quiet. Stealth is cool. :cool:

• 7 months later...

I'm gonna bump this since I'm trying to figure out what other stock DP shorty section would fit with no grinding off pieces/other visible modifications on my 08 spec.

From looking at part numbers, it seems that apart from stock 08-09 spec.b DP the same part number (44162aa350) goes for 08 5eat LGT and _some_ 09 5eat lgt, depending on build date.

Also, looking at this it seems that the same DP might be shared with some automatic wrx's and fxt's.

The point of all this is to ask:

m sprank, what year is that 5eat DP taken off?

partnumber.thumb.JPG.d3b12747c7d57a254021142d046df9b4.JPG

• 8 months later...

2008 5EAT DP. 2008 SpecB DP. Also have a 2005 5MT wagon pipe in my collection. No longer have the 2005 5EAT pipe.

FWIW in my experience that sideways bolt into the tranny tends to cause a vibration in the cabin around the arm rest extension. At least when it has been removed and replaced a few times. I tend to leave that bolt out (no aftermarket uses it) just because of the annoying vibration.

My SpecB pipe has been fit on numerous 5MT's. But I admit, I dont put that sideways bolt in. The dp is coming off again after inspection is complete.

Archived