LegacyGT.com

downpipes that fit a Spec.B

wpmarky

I'm looking for a stock DP to gut other than my own.

I believe the 5MT LGT downpipe does fit past the spec.b tranny, correct?

How about the stock 07+ STI shorty DP?

I'd prefer to deal locally, and there are alot more STI parts around here than LGT.

• 8 months later...

Bumping this thread because I purchased a stock 5mt downpipe, and it does not fit my 08 spec.B. The downpipe fits snug against the turbo but hangs several inches lower under the car than it should. Has anyone else had this problem? There is a bracket off the dp that rests against the tranny, but does not appear to impede fitment. In the image below, the dp is flush against the turbo and cannot be pushed up more. Notice in the red box that the end of the dp is several inches lower than it should be.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/OEM5mtdpproblem.jpg?t=1263149897

Please ignore the idiot in the picture. My wife thought she was taking a picture of me instead of the exhaust problem.

Project was to replace the aftermarket TBE currently on the car. I was looking to return to stock for the winter until I determined the direction I wanted to go with future modding. I also wanted to have the stock TBE available if I ever needed to put it back on.

Regardless, my reasoning for attempting this install is not the point of this thread. Anyone else have experience with this?

Well whatever your reasoning, one aftermarket dp = another aftermarket dp in that you won't see any huge gains by switching. If you're going from catted to catless you may see another ~10whp, a lot more noise, and a nice gas smell.

The stock CBE will mate to a aftermarket dp if noise is your concern or you can put some silencers in your tips.

Well whatever your reasoning, one aftermarket dp = another aftermarket dp in that you won't see any huge gains by switching. If you're going from catted to catless you may see another ~10whp, a lot more noise, and a nice gas smell.

The stock CBE will mate to a aftermarket dp if noise is your concern or you can put some silencers in your tips.

Not all aftermarket dps are equal. My current dp has a v-band connection to the cbe. I don't want to change the connection type to run the stock cbe. My tbe is now for sale here.

You sure you got a 5MT DP and not a 5EAT DP? I thought they should fit, and the tranny mount should be used, not just there. Aftermarket DP's for 5MT and 6MT are the same.

This dp was purchased from a member on here who said it game off 08 5mt LGT. Is there a way to tell the difference between the auto and manual OEM dps?

Not all aftermarket dps are equal. My current dp has a v-band connection to the cbe. I don't want to change the connection type to run the stock cbe. My tbe is now for sale here.

Only the Megan uses that connection that I know of. For the price of a Megan you can get an ERZ ($330 catted) that uses the normal flange and fits/works great.

This dp was purchased from a member on here who said it game off 08 5mt LGT. Is there a way to tell the difference between the auto and manual OEM dps?

Give me a few minutes. I have BOTH 5EAT and 6MT OEM DPs in the garage. I will get them out and take side by side pics for you.

Oh wow, excellent info, thanks! Mine appears to match (or is very close to) your 6mt one. The tab in the 3rd pic might be a little different, but that would affect side-to-side and not up/down.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/LGT%20Exhaust%20for%20sale/DSC_0184.jpg?t=1263170619

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/LGT%20Exhaust%20for%20sale/DSC_0182.jpg?t=1263170779

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/LGT%20Exhaust%20for%20sale/DSC_0185.jpg?t=1263170793

Not sure why I failed at the install now. The dp was flush with the turbo and it hung down too low under the car. Any thoughts?

He said they make quality. Not, they make quality products that fit.

Honestly, the best fitting/working Perrin part I have ever seen is the light weight crank pulley. Everything else seems to either not work very well, or not fit very well. My experience.

He said they make quality. Not, they make quality products that fit.

Honestly, the best fitting/working Perrin part I have ever seen is the light weight crank pulley. Everything else seems to either not work very well, or not fit very well. My experience.

My DP fit fine and my brakcet to the tranny was broken too. I had a Perrin from probably 2006, when they still made catless ones for the LGT.

everything on my perrin dp lined up perfectly

Except now it is an inch lower than stock.

My ERZ DP fit exactly like stock. With better firewall clearance than stock. Has a 200 cel metallic cat, cast bellmouth, 3" piping and an extra O2 sensor bung on top of the bellmouth (like a cobb) for a wideband. It cost me $260 in a group buy. Can you say that about your Perrin?

I have bought plenty of Perrin products. Unfortunately, my experience has been one of dissatisfaction.

Archived