LegacyGT.com

STI up pipe on LGT

GP2001

Hey, is the up pipe off of an STI (catless) a sufficient replacement for the 05' LGT up pipe? I am getting a HKS 3in DP and looking to go stage 2 with my accessport, and want to get rid of that cat in the up pipe. Would an sti one be ok? It has no cat, which is really what I need, so I think it would be fine, just wanted to ask.

________

Lesbian Amateur

my invidia cracked so ive been using my buddies STi up for a few months fine on my stage2 lgt

What, how and where?

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I have heard it will fit.

I just gotta find one.. I hear they're cheap used.

not so cheap new.

do I need an ecu change to run a catless UP? I'm more worried about safety (who puts a cat before a turbo I mean really) than performance at this point.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i've got an an catless STI uppipe and it fit like a glove, i even re-used the gaskets!

you will have to do an EGT sensor mod (super simple and cost $1) if you are not using an AP

have fun with the knuckle busting install:lol:

Check the heat sheilds.....rattle rattle rattle. Pick up an Invidia for @$140.

Ahhh, that may be where my newly heard heat sheild rattle is coming from.

Other than that, STi UP here and no problem. Yes, AP ECU re-map required to avoid CEL. Loved the install, unbolted the motor and floor jacked it up FTW!

Yeah, I'm getting an STI upo for $75 shipped. Needs a little weld on the heat shield, so I'm going to go to town so it doesnt rattle:lol:

I have a V1 AP, this one still needs the resistor mod so I dont throw a CEL, correct?

________

Ducati 1098

Nope, it'll prevent it from throwing a CEL. I just went to v2 last year with Cobb's trad-in program.

BTW - originally from Pou-town, Wappingers Falls area??? I grew up in Rhinebeck.

Cool, whats this trade in program? Never heard of it...

Yup thats where I live, born and raised. Been around Dutchess county, but stayed relatively local.

________

BUY GLASS BONG

• 1 month later...

Archived