LegacyGT.com

JDM Rain Visor installation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Visors from EDO are real JDM here is their part number STI-E3617AG000 and i also emailed japanparts and the $220 they have posted does not include shipping and handling and customs fees which will make it cost more then the visors listed on EDOs website for $295.

I am currently running a group buy for the visors if you are interested check this link out

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2770472#post2770472

Thanks, but I already have these installed. :cool:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4041038315_271c3bb919_b.jpg

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

the Visors from EDO are real JDM here is their part number STI-E3617AG000...

That's the set that I have, and I paid ~$220 shipped IIRC.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Just another testament to the power of the Almighty Dollar...everything I've bought from JapanParts.com has become about 30% more expensive in the past couple of years. Nobody who has asked about my grill has bought one because it's so expensive now...for me it was about as much as an RBS grill.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hope I don't get slammed for reviving a dead thread, but I just installed these on my 2009 2.5i. A few observations:

They stick onto the black plastic/hard rubber trim piece on the side of the car that runs above the windows. The metal clips attach to the screws that hold the weatherstripping groove onto the car. They pretty much stick straight out from that trim piece.

Only one clip per side, the B clip (I think, I dont have the instructions in front of me), actually was able to screw into the channel for the weatherstripping. The other clips (C clip / shorter one) I had to attach to the car with doublesided foam tape. Kind of annoying, but I guess that's what I get when putting JDM parts on a US car. I used them to help hold the visor in place so the visor could be glued in place.

Cracking the window 1/2 inch below 40mph and there's almost no noise, about the same as having the sunroof tilted. Above that it seems like there's more noise than before with the front windows opened or closed. Rear windows cracked about 1/2 an inch on the highway, 60+, less noise than before.

With light snow, driving at 60mph, it was a little nosier (as described above) but I had only 2-4 snowflakes come inside per minute, way lower than before. Haven't tested while raining yet. If you live where it snows the visors hold up the snow on the roof while opening your door so you don't dump a bunch of snow onto your driver's seat. It's worth that alone, and neither the spec.B or 2.5GT in my work parking lot have them!

Archived