LegacyGT.com

08 LGT pricing

Jeffn

Not a problem! Post up more questions and/or their reply to your next email!

They said they would meet me halfway and do $28,500. Not too bad for email negotiations IMO. They said there are no finance offers on 08's though so I might get my own through PenFed which is 3.9%

that is a pretty good deal. They are right on the financing. Just about all major lenders have 2008 models having used car rates now. Some credit unions and such may still categorize it under new APR's though. That will just depend on who you use for you bank.

If PenFed offers 3.9%, that is the best you will find for your vehicle. Most lenders will be in the 5-6% area with top credit scores.

I don't buy that. I'm hard pressed to believe someone would be stupid enough to sell a Spec B for that. AND that the sales manager would accept that deal.

When I began my car search, I was hoping to only spend 20k because I'm saving up for an engagement ring, and the mgr knew that too. After he made that offer, it caught me off guard, and I couldn't say no. I knew that if he advertised that car for that price, it would be gone in a heartbeat.

I still don't see it happening. to include taxes, even at 5%, they would have had to sell it less than $25500 which is a huge loss on a vehicle that had few (if any) incentives.

UNLESS you traded a vehicle and had some equity or put money down, I don't see it could have been done on a brand new 2008 Spec B.

Thanks for all your help guys.

So my options are -

New 2008 LGT Spec B for $28,500

Cert. Used 2008 LGT for $21 to $22,000

Both good deals. Both good options. Both good cars. I will have to decide how much I value the features in the Spec. B (and how much I value being the first owner rather than the second)

GraysonSubaru I will tell them about you. You DID help.

If you plan on modding down the line, the Spec B should get extra points for the 6 speed and already firmer suspension.

I have owned an LGT before and did like it.

Certified Used LGT would be nice because it is cheaper, has a 6yr/100k warranty, and leaves money in the budget for mods.

Is the Spec B a color you really want?

Are you going to have to settle for a color on the SPEC B and/or the used LGT? Any insurance difference between the two?

I still don't see it happening. to include taxes, even at 5%, they would have had to sell it less than $25500 which is a huge loss on a vehicle that had few (if any) incentives.

UNLESS you traded a vehicle and had some equity or put money down, I don't see it could have been done on a brand new 2008 Spec B.

Yes I put 5k down, no trade in. The vehicle was bought from a dealership that went out of business, so he may have been able to buy it cheaper from them instead of the factory.

Casopolis, that was the exact same situation I was in. Used 08 for 21.5 OTD, or new spec.b for 31 OTD.

At those prices, I decided to go with the used 08, but on my way up to pick up the used 08 I stopped by the spec.b dealership to let them know and give them one last chance.

6MT, Bilsteins, summer tires, & knowing no one else beat on my car was worth the difference to me. Alcantera/nav/torsen,LCA's were a bonus.

Good luck with the final negotiations!

Yea I agree, $20k would be my offer on the certified used LGT.

I like the color of the Spec. B much better than the used LGT's around here. That includes the interior as well.

I am not sure about insurance. They have the same engine so I am not sure why they would be that much different in rates. Good point though.

One day I might mod it, especially if I keep it a while. The used LGT would provide me with a little more breathing room in that regard, but I don't know if I can settle on the colors just based on that fact.

You can deduct taxes on new cars purchased in 2009 so that is incentive for the Spec. B purchase. A little incentive at least.

If you are going to keep this car for the long haul, buck up and get the spec b, it is brand new and coming with deep discounts. If, on the other hand, you think you might dump the car in 5 or less years, go with the used one, have some fun with it, and then move on to something else.

I just picked up my 08 Spec B with 450 miles(Technically Brand New since it was never sold) STS, Spoiler, Extended Warranty, and GAP for $28k. Stickered for just under $36k. I think the deal was pretty good considering. The car had been sitting on the lot for over a year.

Just an idea as to whats to be had out there.

I was also looking at a 09 WRX premium for $28k they had on the lot but when I considered everything, I felt the Leggie was a better deal.

Spec B:

Limited production?? Only 500 made a year right??

6 Speed with the STS

NAV

Nice leather seats

Moon Roof

245 HP

6 CD Harmon Kardon

Every option pretty much

WRX Premium:

A lot of them out there.

265 HP

5 Speed

6 CD Stereo

Moon Roof

........mmmmm

........mmmmmm

I felt it was a no brainer.

Yea that is a good deal. I probably could have gotten my new 08 Spec B for $28k but I really did not want to mess around with them since my trade-in offer was good. Mine was $28,500 and I had STS, homelink, spoiler, all weather mats, and whatever else is in Popular group C. That, and it had a warrantied paint protection thing done by a third party, same with the interior.

Archived