LegacyGT.com

08 LGT pricing

Jeffn

Hiya all, noticed a new o8 GT automatic with no real options on it for about 23500., msrp's a gosh over 30k. That sound like a sound deal or has anyone seen better? And are 09's that much different? Been out of the Leg loop lately(Been forester mad with ours)...

I'd say that's a reall good deal for a new leftover (a few years ago '07 leftovers were going for $24,500). Remember the 10's are coming out, and overall reception of them seems to not be so great, so snapping up a new '08 at that price seems like a great deal. I would ask the dealer exactly how long the car has been sitting there though, and have them flush all the fluids, and possibly replace the battery & tires (if you notice any dry rot on them).

It's in their showroom. Can't imagine a battery or tires would take a dive in 18-24 months but good suggestions though.

Or should I grab the white one listed in here for 20k-ish? What's the 14k miles worth? $3300 buys a lot of extended warranty.

Hiya all, noticed a new o8 GT automatic with no real options on it for about 23500., msrp's a gosh over 30k. That sound like a sound deal or has anyone seen better? And are 09's that much different? Been out of the Leg loop lately(Been forester mad with ours)...

That sounds about right, a dealer close to me that's known for very good pricing wanted $25,500 for a new 08 last summer.

Also keep in mind that a new 2008 finances with many lenders as a used vehicle now. I don't know if that will come into play, but something to also consider in the grand scheme of it all.

You can likely buy a new 2009 LGT Limited with the automatic transmission for under $27k.

Deals are out there. I got my '08 lmtd in september for just under $24G (+ tax etc), brand new. Some dealers are desperate, especially climates where AWD isn't a huge selling point. I purchased mine at a large dealership, Stephen's Creek in San Jose.

Some of the pricing may also depending on stair step money. a high volume store may have a little extra money coming from Subaru they can use to further discount the car where a smaller dealer might not sell enough to get those higher money amounts from SOA>

There is a used 2008 LGT Limited nearby me (at a dealership). I found it on Autotrader. 11,700 miles, no Navi, certified pre-owned: $23,200 or something around there. Any thoughts on what this should sell for? I am surprised at scootyc's deal... that is a steal. There are not any new 2009 LGTs MT around me I do not think.... I searched most local Subaru dealershipts.

I picked up my 08 new in San Antonio for $22,300 in Feb. with XM installed, auto-dimming compass mirror and alarm shock sensor. I agree that if you look in market areas that really don't need AWD, you will find much better deals. The best I found within 500 miles of Omaha, NE was $25,990. when I was looking.

There is a used 2008 LGT Limited nearby me (at a dealership). I found it on Autotrader. 11,700 miles, no Navi, certified pre-owned: $23,200 or something around there. Any thoughts on what this should sell for? I am surprised at scootyc's deal... that is a steal. There are not any new 2009 LGTs MT around me I do not think.... I searched most local Subaru dealershipts.

Sounds about $2-3k too high. Not sold yet I bet. The entire world is having a closeout sale.

Sounds about $2-3k too high. Not sold yet I bet. The entire world is having a closeout sale.

Ok thanks. I would be trading in a car, so its a matter of what they are willing to give me for the trade-in plus what they take off that sticker price. The fact that it is Certified used and has low miles is nice to me.

Its either that or a new 2009 WRX. Completely different cars, both with their pros and cons.

Thanks for your help.

You could get a 08 LGT for $20k with not many miles on it. shop around!

Less places to shop around here... plus I want to trade-in my current car so that limits me to dealers.

The price I quoted for that LGT was their sticker.... I am sure I can negotiate down.

do not pay sticker for a 2008 or 2009 Legacy GT with some 2010's already on trucks.

Thank you for your advice. While I have you here.... what is a reasonable offer to place on a new 08 Spec B? There are two of these within 3 hours of me (one in Indianapolis, IN and one in Dayton, OH). I was hoping to work with my local dealer and have them transfer the car to their dealership, which I would assume is an option (I need to talk with them).

I am new to this stuff so I am not sure how to go about things.

Thanks

Thank you for your advice. While I have you here.... what is a reasonable offer to place on a new 08 Spec B? There are two of these within 3 hours of me (one in Indianapolis, IN and one in Dayton, OH). I was hoping to work with my local dealer and have them transfer the car to their dealership, which I would assume is an option (I need to talk with them).

I am new to this stuff so I am not sure how to go about things.

Thanks

If you have it brought to you local dealer, expect to pay more for this type of vehicle than you would at the dealers that have it now. The dealers that have them now will be motivated to get rid of them and may be willing to lose a little money on one, plus they may have some stair step money from early month sales they can use towards the car. PLUS, having it brought do you local dealership from them will likely have a cost of $200-400 extra that will be passed to you.

Here is an example (this is the one in Dayton)

MSRP $35465

Invoice $32752

Holdback $1360

rebate $1000

Dealer net cost including rebate: $30392

This vehicle has been in this dealer's inventory for almost two years (June of 2007) so I would think they are ready to take a hit on this vehicle.

$29k is probably a realistic number for this unless they have stair step money on it and can take even more off without losing too much more money. Also realize, that without stair step money, a $29k sale price is them losing at least $1300 (not including floor plan cost, advertising, etc).

I am not talking OUT THE DOOR because taxes are something they can not help and just part of making a purchase. Realize that dealers have a cost and even though they might not help the bottom line on your purchase, they are not looking to have the bottom of it ripped out either by losing $5k on a car. Know what you can afford, offer them a price (maybe offer $28k) and see where they come back at. They will either accept it or counter your offer. Just know where you can go to and if it is within your budget, then it will not be a bad deal.

If you like the car and it is within your budget, it won't really matter if you paid an extra $500 or $1000 more than you offered. It is a lot easier to pay for a vehicle you love than to make a payment on something you are just 'Ok' with or don't like at all.

If you have it brought to you local dealer, expect to pay more for this type of vehicle than you would at the dealers that have it now. The dealers that have them now will be motivated to get rid of them and may be willing to lose a little money on one, plus they may have some stair step money from early month sales they can use towards the car. PLUS, having it brought do you local dealership from them will likely have a cost of $200-400 extra that will be passed to you.

Here is an example (this is the one in Dayton)

MSRP $35465

Invoice $32752

Holdback $1360

rebate $1000

Dealer net cost including rebate: $30392

This vehicle has been in this dealer's inventory for almost two years (June of 2007) so I would think they are ready to take a hit on this vehicle.

$29k is probably a realistic number for this unless they have stair step money on it and can take even more off without losing too much more money. Also realize, that without stair step money, a $29k sale price is them losing at least $1300 (not including floor plan cost, advertising, etc).

I am not talking OUT THE DOOR because taxes are something they can not help and just part of making a purchase. Realize that dealers have a cost and even though they might not help the bottom line on your purchase, they are not looking to have the bottom of it ripped out either by losing $5k on a car. Know what you can afford, offer them a price (maybe offer $28k) and see where they come back at. They will either accept it or counter your offer. Just know where you can go to and if it is within your budget, then it will not be a bad deal.

If you like the car and it is within your budget, it won't really matter if you paid an extra $500 or $1000 more than you offered. It is a lot easier to pay for a vehicle you love than to make a payment on something you are just 'Ok' with or don't like at all.

Excellent post, thank you for your response.

Here was their response to my email:

Thank you for the request online for the Legacy Spec B. I have that one marked all the way down to $28,997 plus tax and title. This car stickers at $35,465, which means we are taking almost $6500 off in discounts.

I was going to offer $28k OTD though that might be pushing it based on what you have told me in your post. Seems like they would be taking a good hit. Worth trying I guess. My negotiation power will not be good until I actually drive down there.

If I'm gonna pay around $25,000 for a base WRX (which it looks like that is about where I would land), I might as well pay a few G's more for a Spec B. The base WRX MSRP is around $26,600 with factory-installed options.

Here is an idea of an email to send them:

" thank you for your quick response to my inquiry about your 2008 Spec B. I realize that you have discounted this vehicle since it is a leftover 2008, but also realize that you have had this vehicle almost two years and am willing to pay $28,000 plus tax and registration. I know you may not be able to do this and understand if you are not able to, but I feel this is a fair offer given the time on your lot, in your floorplan cost, and what the market is showing for this type of vehicle. It is not the only one available, but since you were quick to respond, I wanted to give you my offer before talking with the other dealerships about theirs.

Thank you for your time and quick response!"

maybe something along those lines.

Archived