LegacyGT.com

You guys probably all think I'm crazy. I act like my 2.5i is a GT :lol: I know this people. Let's clear that up first off.

I wanted to share my latest results with all of you who say a 2.5i can't move. As most of you probably know, I had my engine rebuilt about a month ago and I've been breaking it all in. So far I'm thrilled with the results and the drag strip proved what I already knew. Major improvements before/after. Let's look at my results from last year before the new clutch, flywheel, crankshaft pulley, return to stock wheels w/new tires, valves being adjusted and re-seated, everything being cleaned out, etc.

This was on 6/20/08

Reaction: .4147

60 ft: 2.4627

330 ft: 6.9592

1/8 ET: 10.7035

1/8 MPH: 66.77

1/4 ET: 16.7111

1/4 MPH: 82.39

That was the only ticket I could find from last year, one of my slower times but pretty much in the ballpark of where I'd usually get. mid 16's.

This was on Friday 4/10/09

Reaction: .3383

60 ft: 2.2326

330 ft: 6.4723

1/8 ET: 10.0502

1/8 MPH: 68.48

1/4 ET: 15.7836

1/4 MPH: 85.26

I knocked a whole second off. Pretty significant I'd say for a 2.5i. I ran about 8 times and they were almost all in the 15.8 area. Definitely a fun time at the track and I wasn't getting the doors blown off me by everybody. I think for an N/A 4 door sedan that weighs over 3000 pounds, running in the 15's is pretty damn good.

Anyone else run their 2.5i at the track? I'd like to see other peoples times.

Can't say I run my Legacy, but looking at getting the Camaro and the bike back on the track at Richmond Dragway this year. I wanted to go and watch last friday, but couldn't. A buddy of mine had a new best there with his car.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Impressive! Considering that I ran a 15.36 @ 92.5 in my stock GT with a major bog last year (literally almost stalled it), that's not bad at all!

PS: The corvette in the other lane ran a 16.1!

bad driving at its best :lol: or rather bad launching :eek:

That's a decent comparison. Based on an online HP calculator you bumped your HP from ~144 to ~160 with your rebuild. This is using the MPH rather than the ET. I have always found that the MPH gives you a more consistent and realistic estimation of HP.

You car would give my former '98 SVT Contour a decent run. I averaged 15.4's @ 89 mph with a factory rating of 195 hp. That car would drop its butt nicely, too bad it was transferring the weight away from the drive tires..:confused:

My98-Drag_02.jpg.804efb4f41e745479ffc1a1527c21955.jpg

That's a decent comparison. Based on an online HP calculator you bumped your HP from ~144 to ~160 with your rebuild. This is using the MPH rather than the ET. I have always found that the MPH gives you a more consistent and realistic estimation of HP.

You car would give my former '98 SVT Contour a decent run. I averaged 15.4's @ 89 mph with a factory rating of 195 hp. That car would drop its butt nicely, too bad it was transferring the weight away from the drive tires..:confused:

your trap speed for an 1/4 is the same as my gts 1/8 :) .. pretty decent numbers tho.. when you rebuilt the motor did you decide against building a strong n/a setup? i would have either installed higher comp pistons and went for an all motor build for done low comp and built for a turbo... since you were rebuilding anyway :)

or some forged pistons + nos :p

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

Archived