LegacyGT.com

Inspection sticker in NJ?

Yayo

you need to go to a private inspection station not a state place. as long as you dont already have a fail sticker then you have a chance. just find a place that will pass you and pay the $80 or whatever it costs. My local guy passed me no prob and im full stage 2 with tints. they cant sniff out cars since its awd. woo

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I recall hearing something about "illegal/unsafe ride height", could be wrong, but regardless my tints and exhaust would cause me to Fail. I know I need a private shop, it's just a matter of finding it.

the suspension shouldnt be a problem, i had a car slammed to the ground w/out any springs at all (body sitting ont he frame) and passed no problem. tints are a different story though at least with a state inspection facility. i know a guy in rahway who might pass you but I'm not positive (he passes our cars but i've known him for years). says youre in newark, i'd look around for garages that do inspections and go in person and ask them, i'm sure you can find a shady garage somewhere in newark.

GT Subie how would you send him an inspection sticker? doesnt the barcode otnhe sticker need to match his registration?

Few years back when I had my 89 VW GTI they failed me for having the car lowered.

i guess its like anything else with the state, its the luck of the draw with who inspects your car.

my father took in my car for me one year and they actually failed me for my steering wheel being too small (had a grant wheel)! dude actually took out a tape measure! the only thing i could think of was them seeing my dad in my car an assuming he was a state employee doing spot checks.

Archived