LegacyGT.com

How many Miles is normal for a car to have at delivery?

Celt943

Hi guys,

Does 25 miles sound like too much for a new off the truck 05 outback? I was told the vehicle just came off the truck from the factory, but this sounds like the car has been used for severasl test drives. Can yiou guys tell me how many miles where on your OB's when you took delivery??

Thanks.

Kev

I had 63 on mine and I know it had been around a while. Actually, it was shipped to Marin Subaru and I bought it in Walnut Creek.

Just be glad you didn't buy a motorhome. They get driven from factory to dealer instead of trucked. Still, your warranty starts from the mileage you take delivery.

I am sure it's fine. We've talked and talked it over again and again. Anything under 25 should be fine. Mine had 14 and it was ordered. Unless the folks at the dealership went for a joy-ride...the car came on Friday and I took delivery on saturday.

Thanks for the info everyone. I picked up the car today and guess what, it only had 12 miles on it. When I asked the dealer why there was 25 miles listed on the sales contract, he said that they estimated it because the car was still on the truck when we did the paperwork and they couldn't climb into the car to check. And I have to say, I was way happier taking delivery of a car with 12 instead of 25 miles. It may sound petty, but when I buy a NEW car I want a NEW car..... So again thanks for the reply's

Thanks for the info everyone. I picked up the car today and guess what, it only had 12 miles on it. When I asked the dealer why there was 25 miles listed on the sales contract, he said that they estimated it because the car was still on the truck when we did the paperwork and they couldn't climb into the car to check. And I have to say, I was way happier taking delivery of a car with 12 instead of 25 miles. It may sound petty, but when I buy a NEW car I want a NEW car..... So again thanks for the reply's

completely understandable -- I could have gotten a decent deal on a legacy with about 450 miles on (one of the managers had used it for a while) --- Fortunately i looked around and got a better deal on a much lower mileage legacy.

anyhow - congrats on your new OB - get some pics of it now :)

Archived