LegacyGT.com

Informational thread... Ignition & batt power

RobY

I have searched through the wiring diagrams on my car and i have found 2 7.5 amp power and ignition circuts that are switched on the positive side.

They are fuses 10 and 11 on your fuse panel and can be tapped using automotive fuse taps.

Fuse number 10 is constant current from the batt. It is the circut that provides constant power to your instrument panel.

Fuse number 11 is a switched power source branch from the main ignition relay it will stay on while the car is cranking and in the IGN on position. It is the switched source to your hazard lights, turn module, and your clock.

I think both these will work for your power needs. I purposely stayed away from high amperage circuts that are connected to the main functions of the car. This way most of your accessories will be connected to the most direct least branched non-critical acessory circuts to eliminate the possibility of ground loops.

So incase any of you are wondering...

• 8 months later...
I have searched through the wiring diagrams on my car and i have found 2 7.5 amp power and ignition circuts that are switched on the positive side.

They are fuses 10 and 11 on your fuse panel and can be tapped using automotive fuse taps.

Fuse number 10 is constant current from the batt. It is the circut that provides constant power to your instrument panel.

Fuse number 11 is a switched power source branch from the main ignition relay it will stay on while the car is cranking and in the IGN on position. It is the switched source to your hazard lights, turn module, and your clock.

I think both these will work for your power needs. I purposely stayed away from high amperage circuts that are connected to the main functions of the car. This way most of your accessories will be connected to the most direct least branched non-critical acessory circuts to eliminate the possibility of ground loops.

So incase any of you are wondering...

Did you buy the diagrams or find them somewhere?

• 10 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived