LegacyGT.com

AVO Panel Filter installed

FrozenNorthLGT

Well today as part of the rest on my spring tune up I did my spark plugs and installed an AVO panel filter. Install was a piece of cake since I already had the intake and air box out for the plug install. The filter seems well built, much like K&N, less the oil. Initial impressions are a very subtle change in intake tone, not necessarily louder, but different. The main reason for the install was I needed a new filter anyways, and this alternative is cleanable and thus, longer lasting. :)

100_1659.thumb.jpg.c409d463ab49ad671e09918018f1ae88.jpg

100_1661.thumb.jpg.a60670b78be2e1286266ead2116499cb.jpg

100_1660.thumb.jpg.bbf9afc18f49397375bb45e5cb6c496e.jpg

You can hear the turbo and wastegate much moreso around 4500-5000 rpms, and during throttle lift-off. No more real intake sound though.

FYI - If you were curious, I've been running the AVO for 11k. I did an oil analysis to see how well it was filtering with oil run between 7.5k-11k of those miles; seems to be filtering just fine, based upon the analysis.

Joe

Yeah, I think I saw your thread mentioning that. No sound clip, none needed. Like I said in the first post, not much to notice there. And the engine bay is the result of the only garage I have to work in being 45 minutes from my apartment, and at the end of 2 miles of dirt road...lol...:rolleyes:

Archived