LegacyGT.com

Pictures and Review: Progress Adj. Sways

cfdrumr

So I just picked up my new Progress front and rear sway bars. Installation was pretty simple. There were a few quirks along the way but nothing major.

I have pictures from the install that I need to convert from RAW to JPEG and then i will upload them.

Impressions:

The car feels great. You have to know, I am running on Stock Struts with H-Techs. The Struts have 49k on them and the htechs have around 20k. Before the sways, the car felt like it was dying. The struts are on their way out.

With the sways (front soft, rear hard), the car feels planted. On the freeway i could tell it stays more flat and is very controllable. I have yet to really drive the car hard but so far so good. I did notice coming down my street, which is very bumpy, that i heard a CLUNK, which I think is the rear sway/endlink hitting the hub. During install (the car was fully jacked up in a shop) the fit was VERY VERY tight...I think a new set of rear endlinks would really fix that.

I am going to convert the pix, drive harder and give you more impressions.

So far...thumbs up!!!

Second impression:

The sways still feel good. The car is a little too neuteral but handles great...I just wish I could oversteer at the limits which I am having trouble doing on my RE-01's

I am still getting a clunking when I go over large bumps and speed-bumps... presumably the rear endlinks hitting the arm as you can see in pictures 7 and 8.

Overall I am pretty happy with these bars. I have been asked by Progress to drive back to their shop (an hour each way) to check out whats wrong. They seem to be confident that the bars were installed wrong which I am fairly certain is incorrect.

Overall, after having them on the car for a while I would rate then at a 8/10.

I was expecting this monumental change in how my car drives...it mad a difference but not night and day.

I am hearing some rubbing in the rear...I think i may need to re-grease the bushings.

I can tell you, the stance of my car looks a little better (i dont know how thats possible) and driving on Mulholland Dr. was quite fun...and i do it everyday.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for reviving this thread. I hadn't seen it before.

Usaully the clunking with cars is caused by the end links.

OP any updates?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
What a difference good endlinks make. I have the MSI endlinks (huge and beefy). Finally cured the rear clunk. Finally handles like it should. Went to full stiff up front thinking just messing around and improved turnin considerably.

Archived