LegacyGT.com

Any recommendations for a good indy mechanic in NJ?

I know a lot of guys and girls here do their own 'wrenching', but even in my prime I never got much further than brakes, exhaust, basic electronics, etc and now with 2 kids, a wife and a house to deal with, my free time is pretty much toast :lol:

Can anyone recommend a good Subaru-specific (or at least Subaru-knowledgeable) indy mechanic in NJ? I'm done paying the dealer ridiculous hourly labor rates and sky-high flat rates.

Fyi, I've also asked the mods to consider creating a new forum where folks can post any names/contact info of indy shops in their areas which they've had good luck with--or not-so-good luck with (so people stay away from them).

Thanks,

Tim

I believe AZP is in Kennilworth, not sure where that is in respect to Bloomsbury, they seem to be a reputable shop that does maintenance and install work. They're listed in the tri-state forum, you might also have better luck in there.

I believe AZP is in Kennilworth, not sure where that is in respect to Bloomsbury, they seem to be a reputable shop that does maintenance and install work. They're listed in the tri-state forum, you might also have better luck in there.

Thanks, Scott. I had actually read about them a couple months back, but after visiting their website anyway, they looked kinda' "fly by night" outfit with hours "by appointment only". Just didn't come across like a well-established shop with a reputation to stand behind. (no offense intended to them)

Thanks,

Tim

Archived