LegacyGT.com

Suggestions for Carne Asada

TrueWhiteBoy

...preferably a lot of them since I've never cooked it before :lol:

I was able to get some great feedback on some polish food a while back so I thought I would see what you guys can come up with again

I'm looking to cook up some carne asada (and possibly chicken) for some tacos/burritos and would like some suggestions for a good one.

I have at my disposal a little weber style grill, oven, electric stove, and a time limit of 2.5 days

I don't really need anything authentic, just tasty

I like buying carne asade from grocery stores where they only speak spanish. There is a new place in RSM by the post office that does a good job with polla asada and carne asada. Other than that, my buddies always get the meat in Santa Ana, not sure of the name though. Just make sure the carne is really rare and you'll be good! Even the Traders Joes stuff is pretty damn good.

Somewhat local to you:

El Toro Carniceria-Meat Shop

http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-toro-carniceria-meat-shop-santa-ana

1340 W 1st St

Santa Ana, CA 92703

(714) 836-1393

You'd be surprised also with your local grocery store...in HB i usually get my carne asada from the albertson's meat counter...its more the people working in the back then where you get it.

When i went to CalPoly Pomona, nothing beat the carniceria's in Pomona!! *yum*

~Sucka-Duck~

Oh damn! That's exactly the place my friends always go to. Their polla asada is amazing...

It's really not worth the effort in making it yourself when it's so cheap to buy the stuff pre-marinated...Real steaks are a different story.

Oh damn! That's exactly the place my friends always go to. Their polla asada is amazing...

It's really not worth the effort in making it yourself when it's so cheap to buy the stuff pre-marinated...Real steaks are a different story.

i agree...if they got it perfected, get some for your bbq and just tell the folks that you "whipped" up the carne asada and Pollo asada yourself...no one will know!!

we promise not to tell!! just sit back and enjoy your Tecate!! :lol:

~Sucka-Duck~

Hahaha, alright alright, due to convenience and suggestions I decided to try Stater Brother's and they were able to supply me with the marinade.

It's been marinading since 6 yesterday :)

So I'm hoping this turns out well, I'm definitely going to have to try out the places you guys suggested though, they all sound good.

I actually used to live on 1st and Main in Santa Ana, hahahaha so I think I know of the place :)

Mmmmm, may have to do some experimenting soon :)

Ah I hope it doesn't rain, I've got a little firepit in the backyard that I was planning on using.

What're some good sides to serve?

I've got chips, avocados, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, cheddar cheese, spicy jack cheese, tortillas, and debating a type of bean to pick up

Any other good last minute suggestions?

Get a couple green peppers & red peppers & onions, slice them up & grill em up!!

OH maybe some of those large green onions. Also if you have a rice cooker, get some white/brown rice, cook it in chicken/veggie broth instead of just plain water, a tab of butter and some salsa...and BAM spanish rice!!

~Sucka-Duck~

• 4 weeks later...

Archived