LegacyGT.com

Clutch problem? newbie questions

mossy33oak

Ok, so heres what happened. Go to take off motor revs fine, tranmission shifts fine, but I hear a crackling noise (almost like tissue paper being wadded up) and then alot of smoke. Car wont go over 10 to 15 mph tops. I am not very knowlegable about tranmissions. I want to make sure Im not getting ripped off at the dealer. Is it the throw out bearing? or something else? I know its difficult wothout hearing it, but maybe someones had this before? oh btw its an 05 LGT 5 speed

Sounds like a wasted clutch disc. If you can't go over 10mph without it slipping then you're probably in for a flywheel too. I'd guess it's discolored/warped, and possibly cracked. Does the smoke smell very strongly?

well just got bck from the shop......cracked and badly damaged differential behind the trans. disintigrated was the words the mechanic used........$1200 to fix. Ive owned the car 4 days.

the dealer got you my friend:mad: I find it hard that the dealer had no knowledge of this weak point in the vehicle how much did you pay for it ? if you got it for the lo lo then i guess one could expect such issues. Well its time to get a better clutch anyhow i wold go Exedy or ACT for new Clutch,Light weight Fly wheel and Pressue Plate I think the throw out bearing from Subaru is fine

Archived