LegacyGT.com

Trivial problem! Only sounds as evidence!!

oxide

Hey guys,

Sorry, but I didn't know where to post this as I don't know what the problem is.

It's been a rare rainy few days here since last week and I would quite often hear the stones stuck to tires go rolling off them in the wheel wells, so those sort of noises have been heard a lot these past few days. But a few noises set me back a bit because they sounded like screws!! I just passed these off for stones and put it behind me.

Today, just reaching back to work I hear a similar sound with tiny clinging in the front right (I think) wheel well and this time after that I hear metal falling off and scrapping on something!

Firs instinct it to stop and take a look under the car as to what's scraping the road. Well, there's nothing hanging off my car so this whing has fallen off somewhere is is scraping a moving part.

I need to get to work as I'm already within the premisis, so I slowly drive to the car park and the scraping countinues, but as I try ti go slightly faster, it seems as though this thing just sticks back into place and the sound completely vanishes.

At work now and I need to get home, I'm thinking of driving it back home (about 10kms), but slightly worried. Haven't taken a look under the hood yet and will do that just before leaving.

I've had the exact same thing happen and it sounds like what was going on in this thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103050. The general consensus was that it was a rock or something bouncing up and getting stuck in the brake rotor. Both times it's happened to me I stopped in a parking lot, put the car in reverse, drove backwards a few inches and when I started driving again the sound was gone.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I should've tread through the forums a bit. Car is at service today, 40k + this issue, lets see what it turns out to be.

Could very well have been a rock especially with the sticky weather we had in the past few days.

Oh... I forgot this... :iam:

Archived