LegacyGT.com

Stock Sound System Malfunction

Hi, I just bought a Regal Blue 05 Legacy GT and am in love with it. Today at work however, my front right low beam headlight was out so i checked the fuse for it under the hood. After seeing that the fuse was fine and coming to a conclusion that it was probably just the bulb i put it back and went in my car. As I go to turn on the radio, nothing plays. The dash/display works perfectly fine. I can adjust the volume, balance, fade etc., but I can't hear a thing. It was working earlier in the day after the headlight was out and before i checked the fuse. Does anyone know what might be going on here? Also, while on the topic, how hard is it to change the low beam headlight on the passenger side? - Your responses are well appreciated

The headlight is an easy change. Pull out the intake tube and unscrew the back of the headlight. Maybe a 1/5 difficulty. The headlights will last longer if you do the daytime running light disable. I haven't had any problems with my radio, and don't recall anyone else having problems. Do cd's work?

Mine hasn't don't that in a while. Normally just turn the car off and start it again and the radio is fine.

You may want to buy the OEM replacement light bulbs. There's a thread here somewhere. The early 05's had a thing for eating head lights. Since I put the new OEM replacement bulbs in I haven't had one go out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived