LegacyGT.com

Can my sway bar cause alignment issues?

g2redgsr

long story short, i kept bringing my legacy back to the dealer telling them i think theres an alignment issue, 5 times them making the problem worse than it is, and then them telling me its a damaged tire and they put it in the rear and it stopped pulling, i saisd screw it and gave up. Now 2 months later i checked my tires and the steel belts are showing on the inside, the outside is brand new. Right before i noticed this i put cobb front and rear sway bars on, can this be my fault or should i still blame the dealer? Thanks for any input

Be calm and if your wear is blamed on your sway bar, ask for a simple thing: Ask them to provide a document stating a denial of warranty service due to your aftermarket anti-sway bars, and if possible what their assertion is....I.e. that the sway bars are causing excess negative camber or some other factor.

If they are willing to write that, you should have yourself covered :) If not, they should be willing to provide the service.

It's a pretty straightforward way of telling a reluctant dealership that you'll accept their rejection, if they are willing to justify it.

Have you ever gotten your car aligned? If so, did you ask for the alignment specs? If so, what are they?

I doubt it's your swaybar, but if you don't know what your alignment specs are, it could be incorrect toe, negative camber, etc.

They are saying that its just time to replace the tires or it is because i turn too hard wtf!! Anyway i need a car to drive so im going to a tire place to get new tires, should i get toyo proxies 4 again i am pissed!!

Going to the tire place which tires should i get?

Start with an alignment at a reputable shop.:mad: Inside wear is toe in or camber. INSIDE wear is NOT caused by hard driving.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Well, went to the tire place, the rear right was out neg .21 after my dealer said the alignment was fine...anyway $737 dollors later for 4 new toyo proxes 4s and a rear alignment im happy i no longer have a reason to go back to that corrupt stealership. Makes me sick...

They are saying that its just time to replace the tires or it is because i turn too hard wtf!! Anyway i need a car to drive so im going to a tire place to get new tires, should i get toyo proxies 4 again i am pissed!!

There is your problem right there. Proxies 4's..

I had the same problem with my car at stock height I had 3 toyo's seperate from the belts and got the whole "its because of your car's camber" What the hell am I suppose to do about a car that from the factory was setup a certain way and I have had tires on my BMW to a way higher negative camber stock and other tires brands have not separated.

I blame the toyo's.

Well, went to the tire place, the rear right was out neg .21 after my dealer said the alignment was fine...anyway $737 dollors later for 4 new toyo proxes 4s and a rear alignment im happy i no longer have a reason to go back to that corrupt stealership. Makes me sick...

Your still gonna have the same problem happen again.. just wait you'll see!

heh, guess in 20k miles i will have to switch to another brand of tire, all my other cars ive had toyo proxes "regular" on them and they lasted forever...oh well. Anyway i am still pissed about the dealer lying to me for the 20th time, think im going to write on the back window "Dont go to smith cairns jeep subaru" or something along those lines...wonder if they can take legal action?

So, what are you old and new alignment numbers?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

never had old numbers they wouldnt give them to me, obviously they never even looked at it i presume...new, only the right rear was out .21...i dont know exactly but the rest were green i think within .5 or .05 (whichever one makes more sense) i can look at it when i get home.

Archived