LegacyGT.com

2008 rear bumper on 2005 LGT??

tingtang

i was wondering if anyone tried fitting a 2008 rear bumper on a 2005?? it looks like it would fit... i personally think that the 2008 rear bumper looks better... not as plain but thats just my opinion... i was thinkin about tryin to put the 08 bumper on my 05 when it was gettin fixed but i didnt wanna order it and not fit... so i just stuck with the 05... but i never got that question answered and was wondering if any of you guys done it?? or seen it done before??

You'll either need new tail lights or you'll have to cut the bumper and hopefully make it look right. The '08+ tail lights are shorter than the '05-'07 ones and the bumper extends up higher to meet them. You also might need new parts for the bumper beam underneath because I think the '08 bumper does not stick out as far as the '05 (don't know for sure on that).

it's been done on here before. it's on a white LGT, keep searching, he put all the parts needed in the thread. i've been wanting to do this for some time but i like my tail light better. let us know when/how you get it to work with 05 lights!

Sorry man was just searching for 20 minutes but could not find it. Don't give up, IT IS ON HERE, it was a SWP that was hit in the rear or something and the guys Dad owns a paint booth or body shop. there was 3 or 4 pictures even.

it's been done on here before. it's on a white LGT, keep searching, he put all the parts needed in the thread. i've been wanting to do this for some time but i like my tail light better. let us know when/how you get it to work with 05 lights!

i did this conversion on my 2005 as well.

all that is required is:

2008 tail lights

2008 bumber cover

2008 bumber brackets (there are 2 of these, 1 under each tail light)

there is some pics in my member photos thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105236

Archived