LegacyGT.com

Anyone's catback hitting speed bumps?

JaeGT

im wondering if this may be an issue in the near future. i have a perrin catback and seems like the mid/y is a couple inches off the ground (same with other perrin catback owners?) and my lil bro's high school has speed bumps that i think may hit against the pipes if i go over them and driving into work is a retarded down slope off the main road which i think is hitting the pipe... i dont have any jacks to lift the car and go under to see. just a worried concern. anyone else got this issue? and got around solving it or dealing with it? thx.

nah. im completely stock besides the catback. im just paranoid that once the two front wheels go over a speed bump the mid pipe is gonna grind against the speed bump or even push it up... i THINK i hear a "dink" when i go down the small slope to my work but it might be the crack in the pavement so ill have to hear it again sometime.

:spin::spin::spin:

i bought my SPT CBE used and it had some rash on it at the y pipe. I immediately found out why when I was shooting up an on-ramp a little faster than usual. I scraped to the point where I heard it, but I couldn't find any dents after a quick visible inspection. The on-ramp has a big dip and thats the only place I've ever had an issue. I could only imagine what would happen if I lowered the car. Hit the speedbump with both tires at the same time and you should be fine.

Archived