LegacyGT.com

Timing belt needs to be replaced

That is a pretty recognizable noise to anyone who has even owned a Subie before, nevermind work on them

You have one lame-ass mechanic

Agreed and agreed!

I normally give the service guys the benefit of the doubt, but that is just nuts! bdubs is right on, rattling heat shields and Subarus go together like peanut butter and jelly(unfortunately). This was a Subaru dealer that did this work(please say no, please say no, please say no)?

Agreed and agreed!

I normally give the service guys the benefit of the doubt, but that is just nuts! bdubs is right on, rattling heat shields and Subarus go together like peanut butter and jelly(unfortunately). This was a Subaru dealer that did this work(please say no, please say no, please say no)?

Just find where it is rattling and wrap a wire, or cloths hanger or something around it good and tight. No more rattling.

I remember the first year I owned my car it kept throwing a number 4 misfire. I took it to the same dealer nearly 12 times, 10 times they just reset it and said there was nothing wrong. 11th time they switched the plugs. 12th time they replaced the bad plug. Needless to say i was pissed and that was the last time I took it to a dealer.

ironic you mention this however we have an extended warranty that says we can only take warranty work to this dealer if we're within a 40 mile radius :rolleyes:

so after they replaced the timing belt they still heard the noise... the cause?

heat shield rattling - good grief I just hope these jack*$ don't royally f my car up one day

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Just find where it is rattling and wrap a wire, or cloths hanger or something around it good and tight. No more rattling.

:lol: I have seen many people do that and most of the time it makes it worse or doesn't solve it at all. Best thing to do is to spot weld the shields to the exhaust or remove them.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

ironic you mention this however we have an extended warranty that says we can only take warranty work to this dealer if we're within a 40 mile radius :rolleyes:

so after they replaced the timing belt they still heard the noise... the cause?

heat shield rattling - good grief I just hope these jack*$ don't royally f my car up one day

What dealer if you dont mind mentioning?

Also, there are plenty of "local" shops that I'm sure would be happy to work on your car - they would likely accept the warranty aswell.

- Ben

What dealer if you dont mind mentioning?

Also, there are plenty of "local" shops that I'm sure would be happy to work on your car - they would likely accept the warranty aswell.

- Ben

Valley Subaru in Longmont

Driving to Denver for someone else to work on my car is incredibly inconvenient seeing how this is the only car that can house our child's seat.

I have 3 ways of getting work done on my car... Do it on my own. Do with my friend who knows a hell of a lot about subarus. Or have it done at an independent shop. They have pretty average labour charge, but they do fast quality work.

Anyone in Maine, Warren Auto Barn on rt. 90 FTW!!

I have 3 ways of getting work done on my car... Do it on my own. Do with my friend who knows a hell of a lot about subarus. Or have it done at an independent shop. They have pretty average labour charge, but they do fast quality work.

Anyone in Maine, Warren Auto Barn on rt. 90 FTW!!

working on my '68 Bronco? sure, My '06 legacy? not so much

plus I have an extended warranty for the next 4 years or 60,000 miles which ever comes first

Archived