LegacyGT.com

08 2.5I Sport Mode

So I have the Sport mode in the leggy. I was wondering if anyone has been playing around with it or has any more info on it., when your on the back roads or just having a brisk drive in the country. I would like some input for people that have the sport mode.

I have been playing around with it and it seems to work very well. If i need some umpffff on the highway to pass, I slap it over to sport mode and shift away. It seems to pull constantly. What do you all think?:spin:

So I have the Sport mode in the leggy. I was wondering if anyone has been playing around with it or has any more info on it., when your on the back roads or just having a brisk drive in the country. I would like some input for people that have the sport mode.

I have been playing around with it and it seems to work very well. If i need some umpffff on the highway to pass, I slap it over to sport mode and shift away. It seems to pull constantly. What do you all think?:spin:

All i know about it is what the Subaru dealer told me....All it does is keeps the car in a higher rev that is all i know about it but i will do more research and let you know.

All i know about it is what the Subaru dealer told me....All it does is keeps the car in a higher rev that is all i know about it but i will do more research and let you know.

+1, I was told that it changes the shift points 700 rpm higher than normal drive mode, I think I read in the manual it will downshift sooner when apply the break for greater engine braking, but I could be mistaken.

Is this an AT-only feature?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I've seen this on some of the manuals.

It also changes the position mapping on the drive-by-wire throttle. I mode limits the output to around 80%. S and S# mode give 100% output, but S# makes the throttle response "twitchier".

If you cycle through the MFD display on the dashboard you will come across the mode graph. In this graph, applying the throttle will show the the throttle pedal position in relation to the actual throttle applied by the ECU.

On the automatic transmission side, S and S# mode changes the shift points, applies engine braking on deceleration, and makes the tranny more willing to downshift (that depending on the amount of throttle applied and current speed). Although, from a dead stop, 1st gear in S and S# mode will put a limit on the amount of throttle which gets phased off as speed picks up. This makes 1st gear feel slugish. I mode doesn't have this since the throttle is already limited.

not on my 2008 must be a 2.5i limited option

do you have an automatic? if you do you just put the car in drive and then put it in the M and it should display sport in the gear indicator, and it will shift later and all kinds of good stuff.

js516, we are talking about sport mode not SI-Drive, I do not believe any 2.5i NAs have SI-Drive. If you have MT you don't have sport mode because its for the automatic tranny. All it does is keep it in a lower gear for longer to hit more of the power band and downshift sooner for engine breaking. Personally I just use tiptronic (aka semi-automatic), I get better gas millage, and I can pass easier because I don't have to wait for the computer to downshift.

oops. Sorry :lol: My bad. me got confuzed.

That sport mode switch is purely an AT thing to change shift points. Some AT cars have one that is controlled automatically by "rapid use of throttle". IMHO, the manual switch is better. I had an 89 Mx6 which used the manual one, but my 01 Gt has the automatic type. The automatic type often doesn't sense the "rapid use of throttle".

I drive always in sport mode while shifting its the only way i can stand driving automatic since i really wanted a manual. I find that the computer for the automatic when just in D mode is really "stupid" in the sense that it can't predict the road coming ahead, at least in sport mode you can give the transmission a heads up that you want to either cruise in a higher gear or need a bit more power to overtake. The only bad thing is that if you try to do down shift while the automatic is trying to downshift you might go down 2 gears instead of the intended one gear.

Archived