LegacyGT.com

Just Installed AST 4100s

NotMyGT

It looks like I might, but I have to find out if I can get an alignment before then.

Do you even know where to get a decent alignment in this town?

Thankfully, i got my car aligned out in Minneapolis before I moved, so I'm good for the season, but I can't figure out where I'd go next season.

would this kit come as a double adjustable coilover? i need independt height and preload adjustments.

Just looks like SAs or inverted SAs. Actually after checking, the inverted comes in single, double and triple.

Do you even know where to get a decent alignment in this town?

Thankfully, i got my car aligned out in Minneapolis before I moved, so I'm good for the season, but I can't figure out where I'd go next season.

I usually go to Auburn Tire right off Hwy 49. Talk to Jay, he'll set your alignment specs to whatever you want. He's also a fellow AutoXer, so he knows what's good and what's not.

So I just spoke with Brian at Vorshlag. In order for a kit to be produced they need to have at least 5 confirmed orders for the 4100s. So if you are interested, let me know and I'll let them know. :cool:

Just looks like SAs or inverted SAs. Actually after checking, the inverted comes in single, double and triple.

Are you talking about dapmening adjustment or height and preload. what is triple adjustable?

Are you talking about dapmening adjustment or height and preload. what is triple adjustable?

Direct from Vorshlag's site: "AST 5300 Triple Adjustables (12 adj Rebound + 12 adj Low speed Compression and + 12 adj High speed Compression) with remote reservoirs (front has hose, rear has hose)"

They're height adjustable. If you go with the tenders you will always have preload even if you fully decompress the spring from the perch. The spring tender fills up that gap.

^right, i wanted to know if they had a setup where spring preload and voerall height were independantly adjustable. for example, tien flex coils have independant ride height and spring preload adjustments.

^right, i wanted to know if they had a setup where spring preload and voerall height were independantly adjustable. for example, tien flex coils have independant ride height and spring preload adjustments.

Ohh! I think I know what you're getting at. Rather than adjusting the ride height with the threaded collar, which will increase or decrease the shock travel, you were asking if the coilover swiveled down like the Ohlins DFV.

The answer to that question is no. The ride height and spring preload are all adjusted with the threaded collars on the shock body.

http://www.rcephotos.com/photos/albums/album02/ohlinsdfv.jpg

yes, the ohlins have the feature im refering to.

Ohlins are definitely a nice option, but they lack the ability to customize spring rates. You can buy other springs in that diameter and size and place them in the coilovers, but that just adds on top of your $3300 bill already, and I'm not sure if the Ohlins are valved just for the spring rates which they offer with the kit. I was seriously considering Ohlins before I found out ASTs would work on LGTs.

Ohlins are definitely a nice option, but they lack the ability to customize spring rates. You can buy other springs in that diameter and size and place them in the coilovers, but that just adds on top of your $3300 bill already, and I'm not sure if the Ohlins are valved just for the spring rates which they offer with the kit. I was seriously considering Ohlins before I found out ASTs would work on LGTs.

ohlins can definitly be revalved to work with different spring rates, but of course thats on top of the 3300 price. as you know, you gotta pay to play.

ohlins can definitly be revalved to work with different spring rates, but of course thats on top of the 3300 price. as you know, you gotta pay to play.

So true, my bank definitely knows. :icon_frow

Archived