LegacyGT.com

rock shattered fog light

LGTLW

just put my summer tires and wheels back on this weekend and noticed my passenger side fog light had taken what looks like a rock/pebble to the face. Nedless to say I'm in the market for a new pair. I have no complaints with going with a factory replacemnet IMO but am totally ip for ideas and pictures.

My car is an 05 lgt lmtd wagon if this helps you all pick with me.

• 9 months later...
Holy hell thats alot. Ebay search or craigslist. Ive seen a few people selling parts like this time to time. I've let my issue pass and stop caring for it. You may not have that option :/

:whore: to the Lamin-X. I personally have the rockblocker yellow film, but dont know if they are still in business.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin

• 2 months later...
http://www.iautobodyparts.com

1-800-537-2161

It's not on their website but I ordered a bunch of parts for another car and I got the passenger fog light for $63 more shipped. I will post once I get it and install it

Just remember not buying OEM replacement parts is a gamble. It might look the same out of the box but after a short time you might find out why it was so much cheaper....... just food for thought;)

I have a JDM front conversion and looked into every possible aftermarket fog light option. I did tons of online searching and its rather pathetic on how bad the selection is for quality after market fog-lights exclusively for cars NOT trucks. Micro DE 's have a bad reputation for durability, especially in salty road conditions and the rest of the Hella options are junk-cheap optilux. Piaa seems to be the only light company that makes good quality fogs that fit our LGT. If you look on Ebay for projector fogs you will find lots of cheap junk...not weatherproof, not durable, just cheap. The LGT fog lights 05-06 are really high quality. Its very doubtful that you will find an aftermarket product that compares. Think about how much easier that projector beam lens would be to crack if it didn't have that exterior rock glass lens as extra protection. In the end I decided to just re-use my OEM fogs and install a HID kit in them.

I had to buy a pair to replace my driver's side fog, so I think I have the passenger's side available. If one of you Yanks is interested I can figure out the shipping cost from Canuckistan. Or if you're willing to wait a bit, I'm going state-side in about 3 weeks to pick up some stuff and can ship it from there.

Might be a bit pitted. I'll have to dig it out and check. Fits 05/06 GT.

It looked like the previous owner got too close to a parking curb and broke off the clip moulded into the top of the housing. It was full of really disgusting water and the biggest bee I've ever seen (drowned). I maybe could have glued it, but the contacts and wiring were corroded beyond repair. It sucks trying to find a single replacement, especially the driver's side. It seems to be the most often damaged one.

Hey everyone... I struggled with this too and took the "gamble" with DEPOT brand aftermarket fogs found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUBARU-LEGACY-08-09-2008-2009-FOG-LIGHT-L_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a059351fcQQitemZ180482167292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They came in the mail and appear to be FANTASTIC quality. We'll see how long they last but I plan on LaminX them so... For 80 bucks shipped each, its a great deal in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Both of my fog lights are cracked, I noticed them when I took out the fog light covers to repaint them black. Maybe the extended gold plus warranty could take care of the glass covering the fog light unit, If not since there output sucks and there just for looks. I might replace with circular panel based leds or aftermarket that is similar in size.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002MA3NU/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000COD5B0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HFHXXDJ6RZDKDMGZ8QK]Amazon.com: Hella H71010291 Optilux Model 1100 12V/55W Black Halogen Projector Fog Lamp Kit: Automotive[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived