LegacyGT.com

Catalytic smell

Jduke

i used to get teh smell until i switched to shell.

I've heard that too. It's possible that Shell has started using the new low sulfur formula considering that the phase-in was to occur

2004-2006 with 06 being the year they must comply.

It's good to know that Shell gets rid of the smell.

You guys should create a list of brands that do NOT smell in the LGT.

That could be very helpful.

TT

• 1 month later...

I'm still stuck in Afghanistan til next summer but my wife says that the car still smells like rotten eggs. I was just curious if anyone else is still having this issue...I've had it since I bought my Legacy over a year ago and the problem has never gone away. During the first scheduled maintenance the service guy said that I should change where I get gas.

I have tried the following and they all have the problem described:

Shell

Conoco

Phillips 66

Diamond Shamrock

Side Note: I think the car has about 11k miles on it now. Not sure (haven't driven it in a while since I'm stuck in this shithole)

You know, after reading through the posts and thinking about it, ive been using mobile lately and have been noticing the rotton egg smell more.. im down to a quarter of a tank, i'll be sure to fill up with shell this week and see if i can notice a diff
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

clutch stink is worse than...

standing downwind while pumping fresh diff fluid into a rear diff at shoulder height?

diff fluid ... yuck. and if you get it on you by accident.... =(.

Ha...Ford Friction Modifier is the WORST, and add that in with the gear oil:icon_frow

I too have the smell and it's so wonderful to pull it in the garage and close the door...either the family complains that it's cold or that it stinks, and if the wind's blowing right, they get the bonus both cold and stink!!

Update, i filled up with amoco/bp this week and no more stinky smell...

Must be something with mobil, im almost out of gas, going to fill up with shell tomorrow..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived