LegacyGT.com

CD player broke (kinda)

edekba

Okay so i have an 08 and i recently got into an accident. Afterwards my CD player isnt working, but the radio/Aux works fine... My insurance says i need a dealership to prove that it was caused by the accident and they'll fix it...

So i went to a dealership to ask them and they said that they would have to send it in to some place to have it looked @ and it cost $300 just for that. And that there's no way for them to see what caused the CD player to become faulty, just how to fix it. The $300 exam fee doesnt include any fees to fix it either ....

Or i can just buy a new one for $700......

Any idea on how to fix this? I dont know how i can convince my insurance and if they're not gonna do this i'm kinda blargh

Okay so i have an 08 and i recently got into an accident. Afterwards my CD player isnt working, but the radio/Aux works fine... My insurance says i need a dealership to prove that it was caused by the accident and they'll fix it...

So i went to a dealership to ask them and they said that they would have to send it in to some place to have it looked @ and it cost $300 just for that. And that there's no way for them to see what caused the CD player to become faulty, just how to fix it. The $300 exam fee doesnt include any fees to fix it either ....

Or i can just buy a new one for $700......

Any idea on how to fix this? I dont know how i can convince my insurance and if they're not gonna do this i'm kinda blargh

I would read my insurance policy carefully and if it is covered call them up and flip out. If they can, they will always refuse clames the first time around.

I would read my insurance policy carefully and if it is covered call them up and flip out. If they can, they will always refuse clames the first time around.

its collision coverage so they have to determine that it was caused by the collision.

its collision coverage so they have to determine that it was caused by the collision.

You were in a collision, you say that is when the damage was caused. If they are going to refuse coverage, I believe the burden of proof is on them? They should have to prove you are committing fraud. I mean that is why you pay them, to assume such risk. I would check your states laws regarding this. And I would certainly take my business elsewhere. Granted it might not really be worth your time but i am a man of principle.

Archived