LegacyGT.com

07 LGT w/ Ion Springs: Sway bar questions..

reimond

I was searching around and saw there were previous issues w/ the ion springs w/ stock struts and the installation of aftermarket sway bars... i PMed a couple of people and was told previous versions of the Cobb sway bars rubbed when installed on a lowered car... i just wanted to verify if this in fact has been fixed... im planning on installing front and rear Cobb sways w/ stock endlinks... any opinions or comments are welcome... thanks.

so... i had a crappy day today... i got my summer tires put on today and the tire guys tell me they want to show me something... low and f**king behold, both my front endlinks are snapped... they seemed to be snapped at the welds from joining the straight part and the part that holds the bolts... i guess its just some higher power telling me i need to buy new endlinks/swaybars... since i have a cobb rsb in the garage... im going to buy some kartboy endlinks and a cobb fsb... ill be good to go in a week or two..

also... i had a 99RS and my stock endlinks were so much more solid than the ones on the LGT... im kinda disspointed w/ soa for the low quality of endlinks on our cars.

:confused: The '99RS had cheap plastic front endlinks, unless you already had aftermarket ones on there... the LGT links are a huge upgrade over those.

i dunno man... although the RS endlinks were made of plastic/rubber/or some sort of polymer, i still think the design of the endlinks are superior to withstanding stress (endlinks were much thicker, leaving a greater cross section for stressed to be distributed through)... yes, the LGT endlinks are made of metal, but they are susceptible to fracturing at the weld points (what happened to BOTH of mine).. just a difference of opinion.

nevertheless... i now have kartboy endlinks and cobb front and rear sway bars (rear set to stiff) installed... what a difference it is installing parts in a pit and what a huge difference the sway bars made in handling.

Archived