LegacyGT.com

Mach V Spring Open House/Dyno Day - 3/26/05

Mach V Dan

What was the prize??? Which car was yours - the white one with gold wheels? I was going to stick around, but these events are no fun unless you know one or two people. Even if you see cars you know, how do you know who the driver is? I guess if I went over and loitered around your car, I'd find out soon enough :D

I left the MINI at home this time - I brought it last time with my fiance and people sneered at us (I guess the convertible is not a 'serious' car). :rolleyes: I brought my LGT wagon - it was one of two Atlantic Blue ones (the other was 'Turbo NV'). I was parked straight out from the front - people were checking out the grille and the lip spoiler.

No, they had center caps with a name that started with 'A', not ADR though. I can't remember - I think it was the same brand as the gold wheels the white LGT wagon had (Almondcookie's?)

The black wagon had NY plates. The driver did a burnout while leaving .. meh.

Correct. Mine was the white wagon with the bronze wheels. I parked it head first along the building. I was right next to a blue wrx with their doors open and the music playing. Dan had his legacy parked next to the Polk Audio car and the black wagon was parked in the first spot right at the entrance and the only other car with bronze wheels was one of the 2 guys along the building that brought their own grill and had the music playing out of their car.

I won a t-shirt, pedal set, kartboy hat and a teckademics dvd. Pretty cool. I wished i could trade it all back and get a gift certificate toward a future purchase - that would have been cool. Maybe Dan can do that next time. Hat and shirt would probably go for 15-20$ and maybe 10$ for the hat. Say the pedal set was 20-25$. That's an easy 50$ gift certificate I could use say for a swaybar =). But it's cool nonetheless.

I think the rims that the black wagon had was a set of ADR Kansai rims (it's an ADR wheel that discontinue that color).. I can't remember anything else that has that style where it's a split 5-spoke with no rivets or lip.

Keefe

Keefe

I won a t-shirt, pedal set, kartboy hat and a teckademics dvd. Pretty cool. I wished i could trade it all back and get a gift certificate toward a future purchase - that would have been cool. Maybe Dan can do that next time. Hat and shirt would probably go for 15-20$ and maybe 10$ for the hat. Say the pedal set was 20-25$. That's an easy 50$ gift certificate I could use say for a swaybar =).

almondcookie, you also asked me this directly at the even on Saturday, and I did end up allowing you to trade the shirt that you won for another one.

I give away merchandise at the event, not cash. There's a reason for that. Some of the items serve as advertising for us, like the Mach V T-shirt that you didn't want. Some is gear that was donated to us by our suppliers specifically for that purpose. like the brake pad gift certificates donated by Carbotech. Even considering that, we gave away many hundreds of dollars worth of gear on Saturday, which I pay for out of my own pocket.

It strikes me as "looking a gift horse in the mouth" when you persist in asking for something else. If you really didn't want the things you won, there were plenty of other people there who would be very happy to have them.

Respectfully,

Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

My post was not directed at you "again" but merely exercising my right to write down (say) "my" opinions on what happened at the event and what I heard the crowd was saying through an online medium. On the subject of persistence, do not assume anything just by my online presence and only meeting me for the first time. Perhaps I haven't "been around the block" and have a successfully running business in 2005, but I have ran my own successful business in the past. As far as advertising, while there are many avenues of advertisement, I, for what its worth, personally think word-of-mouth and reputation far exceeds a name on a t-shirt. I personally think more highly of a private message or a personal email from someone that beams outstanding remarks about Company A instead of looking at someone's t-shirt as I'm walking through the mall. And for the record, after the event I went home and told all my friends that they missed out on a good time. I know the why's and what's and how's of giving out prizes, corporate sponsorships and the like. I guess I was wrong in assuming that because you were the owner that you had the flexibility in exchanging prizes of equal or lesser value - obviously for the prizes that were not given. Did I complain? No. I said thank you and I was cordial about the entire exchange process - not trying to be a pain in the ass, perhaps just thinking outside the box. Again, I told my friends that you were nice enough to let me have a Subaru-themed t-shirt instead of a Mitsubishi-themed t-shirt.

As I stated before, I was (and am) giving you my honest and unbiased feedback of the pulse of the crowd, i.e. your current or future customers, were saying throughout the day. And it strikes me good sir that you have come to your haphazard conclusion that I am just some punk kid whining about a free prize, where in fact at least 50% of the crowd's mumbles and murmurs had the same questions and thoughts about all the prizes being given out. But perhaps you don't need to listen to your customers and business will just continue along its merry way. If you would like a bulleted list of the crowd's suggestions that I overheard, I would be happy to send them to you if you feel that the list would further enhance your business and/or event process. If not, then just like here on this forum, it's a free country, so you can say or do as you please.

Regards.

And it strikes me good sir that you have come to your haphazard conclusion that I am just some punk kid whining about a free prize...

I certainly don't think you are a "punk kid." I am just trying to communicate how it makes me feel to read your post.

after the event I went home and told all my friends that they missed out on a good time...

I do thank you for that. Referrals of all kinds are very important to us.

50% of the crowd's mumbles and murmurs had the same questions and thoughts...

Having done this for a number of years, I know pretty well what the crowd mumbles about. ("D'oh! I didn't win again! Give something else away! Give away something that is for my exact car!") And if I listened to exactly what the crowd wanted, I'd be standing up there giving stuff away until everyone had something and the entire shop was empty! You can't please all the people all the time, but the giveaways are fun and add a little excitement.

Thanks again to everyone who showed up. almondcookie, I appreciate your honest feedback.

I hope to see you all at the next event.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Archived