LegacyGT.com

Stereo compatability cross-models

riemen

I am interested if anyone knows if the 2004 Impreza WRX 6-disk CD/Cassette stereo (see photo) is compatible with the 2004 Legacy sedan.

Posible reasons they might not be include physical dimensions, mounting brackets, plugs, etc.

I found a really good deal online but I don't want to buy if I know it won't work (especially if I can't return it). Subaru has so many plug and play options (mirrors, dash trim, etc.) I was hoping their stereos might work across models. Any suggestions?

8c_1.JPG.62674a36f7918a61abfa098c1568f965.JPG

Well, a couple reasons. 1. This one of the few new models that still has a tape deck. Which is still important as my collection of books on tape are too large to throw away. 2. In addition to that, the guy is selling for under $100 -- far less than an equivilant after-market. 3. The in-dash 6-disk changer is a nice bonus. 4. The fact that it is new dosen't hurt either (reportedly only used for two weeks) It would be great to know it will fit before I buy.

I have no clue about the answer to this question, but have you posted over at NASIOC's Legacy section? They'll probably be more help, since they talk about the older Legacy's rather than the 2005 one.
-ben

Archived