LegacyGT.com

let's test our car knowledge

THIS is the SADDEST thread ever on this forum.

Instead of skillfully saying which cars would be faster than a stock or lightly modded LGT (Cobb AXSPRT), you provide all your saddest kills on the road. Plus, you should really keep it within its class: midsize sedan. And if you really want to be more accurate, factor in AWD as well. That is the more accurate comparison. That you may embarass your best friend's G35 Coupe or that Corvette couldn't keep up with you in the urban canyon in wet, that is certainly something to brag about. Bottom line...in the 4 door class, unless it has M, S, AMG, STS-V badge written on the back of it...your car could trash anything (provided the opposition is stock or lightly modded).

Exempli Grazia:

AUDI A6 w/ 4.2L V8, AWD

45,000 dollars

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.1 sec (www.audiusa.com)

Horsepower: 335 hp; Torque: 295 ft-lbs

BMW 545 w/ 4.4L V8 RWD

53,000 dollars

Performance Acceleration (0-60 mph): 5.7 sec (SMG) 5.8 sec (www.bmwusa.com)

Horsepower: 325 hp; Torque: 330 ft-lbs

Mercedes Benz E-Klasse 4-MATIC w/ 5L V8 AWD

55,000 dollars

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.1 sec (http://motortrend.com)

Horsepower: 302 hp; Torque: 339 ft-lbs.

Assuming you CAN drive, and taking the recent info from Road and Track about the 5M LGT clocking 5.6 sec for the 0-60mph as valid, your car is technically faster. Put on the AXSPRT and you may have a comfort zone.

You have to figure out if you can make good starts with your LGT, else just add another second to your acceleration times, hoping you will start without stalling.

Put on a Martini and start sipping and stop thinking about racing your car. Just enjoy it stock, or modd it at your leisure. But remember: when the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Put on a Martini and start sipping and stop thinking about racing your car. Just enjoy it stock, or modd it at your leisure. But remember: when the flag drops, the bullshit stops.

Hmm- either you're telling me to spill a drink on myself or to drink and drive... :lol:

Oh...ZA CÖNFÜZIÖN ! ZORRY églí§h íz nöt my fír§t längüágé ! (Made sense saying so in mine, though).

Ok...you might wanna go ahead and sip a Martini from the comfort of your sofa. Do NOT drink and drive. And stop thinking about the LGT/OBT in your case. - Peace.

Since this thread is heading down the crapper fast, I want to see if I can make it a double flusher.

So, my guess, in order, from fastest LGT/OBXT to the slowest

1. LGT 5 speed (lightest)

2. LGT 5 speed LTD

3. LGT 5 speed wagon

4. LGT 5 speed LTD wagon

5 and 6. OBXT 5 speed or LGT 5EAT?

7. OBXT 5eat

Will a AP OBXT outrun a bone stock LGT 5 speed?:argue: I think not.:D

Guest *Jedimaster*
Since this thread is heading down the crapper fast, I want to see if I can make it a double flusher.

So, my guess, in order, from fastest LGT/OBXT to the slowest

1. LGT 5 speed (lightest)

2. LGT 5 speed LTD

3. LGT 5 speed wagon

4. LGT 5 speed LTD wagon

5 and 6. OBXT 5 speed or LGT 5EAT?

7. OBXT 5eat

Will a AP OBXT outrun a bone stock LGT 5 speed?:argue: I think not.:D

You can try :D

You can try :D

If I lived closer I would bet you lunch for a week,

200lbs heavier car, Taller tires, Plus AP.

Sounds even to a stock LGT 5mt sedan to me. If an OBXT was faster, then I would definately have to order up an AP with or without the wifes permission:lol:

Pointless. Just look at what car mags get for numbers. Add a second or so to the number if you don't regularly drag race your car.

Tom

I have to disagree here. The Camaro was listed by most mags as a 13.6-13.8 car and my first trip to the strip I ran a best of 13.24. I am far from the only LS1 to get these or even better numbers out of a stock F-body.

Archived