LegacyGT.com

Installed LC-1. First logs, confused.

lepich

To do my free air calibration I have my button wired up that came with the lc-1, what I do is pull the sensor out of the bung first, give car power but don't start, wait for the sensor to warm up, usually takes no more than 30 seconds for me for the red light to stop blinking and stay on. Then I hold the button down for 3 seconds, light turns off for a couple seconds and then back on. From there I turn car off, Reinstall sensor in bung and restart car and go for a drive. I will post a log up late tonight, naturally today is the one day I don't have my laptop with me.

Would it still be accurate if I ran a free air calibration by simply letting the car sit overnight and then in then, in the morning, do not start the car and just do the free air calibration while the sensor is still in the bung? Wouldn't the air in the dp be basically the same as "free air" after sitting overnight? It, would sure make free air calibration easier.

Would it still be accurate if I ran a free air calibration by simply letting the car sit overnight and then in then, in the morning, do not start the car and just do the free air calibration while the sensor is still in the bung? Wouldn't the air in the dp be basically the same as "free air" after sitting overnight? It, would sure make free air calibration easier.

I have done exactly this and it works just fine.

I think I remember seeing this in a older version of the manual,don't quote me though.

I have done exactly this and it works just fine.

I think I remember seeing this in a older version of the manual,don't quote me though.

That makes me more hopeful. The free air calibration is a PITA. I would have bought the AEM, if I knew about this LC1 requirement.

Archived