LegacyGT.com

adjusting sub with p203 unit (spec B)

remico

hey guys...does anyone know how to adjust the sub on this unit?? I have a 06 spec b with the p203 unit that plays mp3 and wma. I know the legacy gt's have an option where under the seat you can just turn a knob and adjust it but this one does have that..any ideas??:spin:

What sub do you have? An OEM under the seat sub? There are tiny knobs on that that you adjust it with.

I'm a little confused by your post. The p203 is the Head Unit?

yeh thats the head unit. Everything is stock. I mentioned before that my amp for some reason doesnt have those tiny knobs anywhere on it, ive looked many times before so i was wondering if anyone knew where or how to adjust it

yeh thats the head unit. Everything is stock. I mentioned before that my amp for some reason doesnt have those tiny knobs anywhere on it, ive looked many times before so i was wondering if anyone knew where or how to adjust it

Look for where the harness plugs into the sub itself. There should be two adjustment knobs to the right of it.

Have you pulled the OEM sub completely out from under the seat? It could be that the knobs are on a side you can't see (if you haven't removed it). If you have removed it and it doesn't have the knobs on it, I dunno what to tell you.

Have you pulled the OEM sub completely out from under the seat? It could be that the knobs are on a side you can't see (if you haven't removed it). If you have removed it and it doesn't have the knobs on it, I dunno what to tell you.

yeh i didnt pull it out completely, i will tho but im gonna wait till its a little warmer lol its way to cold outside to be stuff like that haha. Thanks

Here's a close-up view of the front side:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6554/subwoofersidemz3.th.jpg

(picture posted by NewGTGuy in this thread: "2005 Legacy Sub Installed Yesterday (Pictures)...")

thanks for the pic...i didnt see something like that but i could have missed it. I'll look at it again tomoro and ill let u guys know

thanks for the pic...i didnt see something like that but i could have missed it. I'll look at it again tomoro and ill let u guys know

That's the side of the sub facing the front of the car. You can't really see any of that side unless you pull it out from under the seat.

Here's a close-up view of the front side:

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6554/subwoofersidemz3.th.jpg

(picture posted by NewGTGuy in this thread: "2005 Legacy Sub Installed Yesterday (Pictures)...")

yeh i just looked at my amp and it looks nothing like this one. its all silver to. has a green input for something, and a round wire plugged into it, possibly more than one plugged in but yeh nothing like that. any ideas anyone??

yeh i just looked at my amp and it looks nothing like this one. its all silver to. has a green input for something, and a round wire plugged into it, possibly more than one plugged in but yeh nothing like that. any ideas anyone??

After market sub/amp? Can you get some model numbers or some pictures or something? "Silver with a green input for something, and a round wire plugged into it" doesn't give us much to go on.

Wait...just noticed you have a Spec B. That unit under your driver's seat is the DVD drive for the navigation system. Subaru does not offer the sub for cars with the DVD Nav. You could always buy the sub and install it under your passenger seat. You just have to bend the bracket meant to attach under the driver's seat to mount it or you can just use some stick-on velcro to hold it under there since it's not that heavy.

Wait...just noticed you have a Spec B. That unit under your driver's seat is the DVD drive for the navigation system. Subaru does not offer the sub for cars with the DVD Nav. You could always buy the sub and install it under your passenger seat. You just have to bend the bracket meant to attach under the driver's seat to mount it or you can just use some stick-on velcro to hold it under there since it's not that heavy.

My DVD/NAV drive isn't silver. But, then again, I have an '08 spec b, so who knows.

This is the DVD/NAV unit from an '07: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38358&d=1181517507 (pic stolen from this thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63678). It looks pretty close to what the OP is describing with the connections.

that is exactly what i have! Thanks alot for the info..to bad i dont have a sub but its ok, ill just put some bigger ones in the back..thanks for ur help!

Archived